• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best and worst of the Overstreet advisors...

53 posts in this topic

I'd give Doug Sulipa his props - his market report is thorough, comprehensive and leaves nothing out. Very informative, even for this old lag who has read it all before........

I heard good things about him, and was going to make a purchase, but he never returned my email. confused-smiley-013.gif

Who are the best and worst of the Overstreet advisors? Who grades well? Who grades poorly? Who is nice? Who is not? I would like to hear the answers to these questions.

Darth is an @ss, but he grades accurately and packs bomb proof.

I'd give Doug Sulipa his props - his market report is thorough, comprehensive and leaves nothing out. Very informative, even for this old lag who has read it all before........

I heard good things about him, and was going to make a purchase, but he never returned my email. confused-smiley-013.gif

Sometimes you've got to nag these guys. Just checked the new OS and there are 90 adviser mugshots compared to last years' 70.

Damn, I looked at the guide mid-post and OG beats me to the joke.

Here are some serious answers.

Nice guy? Ted VanLiew.

Top raw grader that I've personally dealt with: Bob Storms.

Most gracious with his knowledge (considering I've never actually bought anything from him): Jerry Weist.

Top computer geek: Greg Holland

Sometimes you've got to nag these guys. Just checked the new OS and there are 90 adviser mugshots compared to last years' 70.

I make a concerted effort to not let comic dealers get away with things that would never fly in other businesses (ie: rudeness, laziness, ect). I am failing miserably by the way.

Agreed 100%. Doug is also the best grader in the industry, IMO. And he has a MASSIVE inventory and will spend an hour talking to you on the phone if you want him to.

I make a concerted effort to not let comic dealers get away with things that would never fly in other businesses (ie: rudeness, laziness, ect). I am failing miserably by the way.

Doug is none of those things. Maybe he just missed the email. You should call him. Doug is one of the true good guys in the industry.

Doug is none of those things. Maybe he just missed the email. You should call him. Doug is one of the true good guys in the industry.

Didn't mean to intimate that he was any of those things, just making a general statement. I have heard enough good things about him to believe it was just an oversight. I would email him again but my budget is shot for awhile. frown.gif

Does he sell GA books as well?

Does he sell GA books as well?

Yes, he has a lot of GA stuff across all genres and especially the harder to find stuff. But he doesn't "specialize" in HG GA like Metro does.

Can't say enough great things about Doug Supila. His grading and knowledge of stuff from 1960 up is equalled by none. He knows as much about Treasure Chest as he does about the X-Men. He is the only dealer whom I would place at #1 for both inventory, customer service, and grading, but that's not to say there aren't a lot of excellent dealers out there. His OS market report is by far the best, most comprehensive, and most informed, and he does not use the venue of the market report for shameless advertising as many of the other advisors do.

October Fire, I'm surprised to hear he didn't return your email. Sometimes I get responses back from him in a matter of minutes but never more than 24 hours. I would try again. You will not be let down.

Joe