• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC vs The Super Bowl???

65 posts in this topic

Super Bowl, any day, and I don't even like football much, but at least I know I'd have a good time. SDCC was no fun for me 10 years ago, and I hear its only gotten worse.

that's cause this board isn't made up of real comic fans, just a bunch of dealers, flippers and speculators

:banana:

I hope you're including yourself in that generalization, champ.

SDCC is a multimedia event, not a comic con. Standing in line to get in, standing in line to see a panel, standing in line to meet a creator, pushing through crowds of costumed oddballs... not my idea of a good time.

I picked SDCC because I don't really have much interest in sports. But since I don't really like overpacked comic shows I might not be so crazy about SDCC either. I've never had a desire to go, whereas I'd love to go to Chicago or Baltimore some time.

that's cause this board isn't made up of real comic fans, just a bunch of dealers, flippers and speculators

:banana:

I hope you're including yourself in that generalization, champ.

SDCC is a multimedia event, not a comic con. Standing in line to get in, standing in line to see a panel, standing in line to meet a creator, pushing through crowds of costumed oddballs... not my idea of a good time.

It's a joke making fun of people who constantly complain about all the "non-collectors"

Keep up the good work Champ!

As a football fan, the SB sux unless your team is in it. It's a made for tv event. Countless game delays, and an endless halftime.

Much better to watch on tv with 50 friends.

This is spot on. Spot friggin on.

I am a sports fanatic and would much rather watch the game with my buddys and have a solid meal than go and wait around in the stands at that disasterfest.