• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone buying at the ComicLink auctions? What have you won?

24 posts in this topic

I didnt realize the art portion doesnt close for another week...

Thought someone got the HEADLINE COMICS #37 for a very nice price.

And the 3.0 Superman #61 (1st Kryptonite) went for less than a 1.8 and a 2.5 sold for last year.

I was gonna bid on both, but decided to sleep instead (these auctions close at like 4am my time!)

.... they finish at midnight or later here.... and I'm in the same time zone.... it has to be something special to stay up that late for me...... unless its Saturday :cloud9: ...... I had one win, an Atlas I've wanted for a while, Jann Of The Jungle 17 (Everett cover, Williamson art)...... but not for a bargain, but I'm not complaining...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Why do you have to stay up to participate in the auction ? On books that I want, I have better luck when I put in a good, solid bid a few hours before it closes. It's amazing but the Last GPA is like a brick wall that bidders hesitate to climb. If your bid pushes the next bid over Last GPA, you have a good shot of winning. Of course, this process will not work on the current 'hot' books but I stay away from those anyway.

Why do you have to stay up to participate in the auction ? On books that I want, I have better luck when I put in a good, solid bid a few hours before it closes. It's amazing but the Last GPA is like a brick wall that bidders hesitate to climb. If your bid pushes the next bid over Last GPA, you have a good shot of winning. Of course, this process will not work on the current 'hot' books but I stay away from those anyway.

.... now that you mention it, most of my recent wins, this one included, occurred just that way hm ....... I bid just a little more than I should.... and get the book. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Anyone else pick up some art from the final day of this months CLink auction?

(and why did they have the first 4 days close last week, and then have the art close a full week later?!?!?)

I was excited to see (and win!) this page. I remember seeing it as a kid. It was a big "Oh !" moment in the initial run for Atari Force when we realized that all of the probes were being captured by someone in the alternate universe...

2KOdsBx.jpg