• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Comic Collecting After 55

201 posts in this topic

Craig Russell is from Wellsville, Ohio. The next town going south on the Ohio River. I believe Tracy Lords also has her origins from there. And some very famous pottery making companies populate those banks. Something about the mud. Craig's father owned a nice shoe store. With any luck, still does. Craig, is one of the sharpest tools in the shed! He knows/plays classical music, and may even have taught that at whichever university Cincinnati plays home to. He had an apartment/studio above the shoe store and kept me out of Adkin's hair for a night or two. He was also big Hal Foster fan. I slip into past tense, inadvertently.

nNrFq.gif

The best part about the longer version of this gif is the blood trail this wanker leaves behind - :devil:

Impressive tire explosion! For that truck to jerk like that, and not start tilting more, implies a dual axel with the inside one still supporting it? I thought we was hitting it with a stick, like truckers at first. Then I thought an air bag deployment unit. (Those things have killed more locksmiths, replacing ignition switches.... The more you know... It looks more than capable of inflating a collapsed diaphragm? Maybe he put his lips around the valve stem, and pressed in the pressure needle with his tongue? The same guy once jumped off the Vincent St. Thomas bridge with a steel cable tied around his waist, ankle I don't know. I don't know how long the cable was. This is the link between Long Beach and San Pedro, and I think the longest or highest suspension bridge on the west coast other than the golden gate. He jumps and it knocks him out. He 's hanging up there, and cops think it's a suicide attempt, and close the bridge. He comes to. Unfetters himself, and jumps in the water, and they never caught him on that one. That was around 1980. Back to comics next time... don't get me going... I know this is kind of like that train wreck, only Dan (Habel) didn't see that one coming. Just read every other one porcupine48. For clarity, it was Maniac who was working out the physics of bungy jumping. I know, you just want my comic book babalon dirt. You know what Dan H.'s story needs, is a deer who's hoof is stuck in the tracks.... and a tunnel.

I feel like (what I presume ) a gossip columnist. Already told you Stan's last name. Hint. He's Larrie Leiber's brother. I believe iMartin Goodman is/was his father in law. Goodman also own all those sweat mag titles (For Men Only,Real,,All Man,Male,man to Man,, Man's: Conquest,Daring,,Exploits,Epic,!Book,Escape,Illustrated, etc.), owned the Lion Library & Red Circle paperback lines, Strange Tales,Marvel Science Stories, Marvel Tales, Marvel Stories, Marvel Science Fiction all pulp titles. Digests as well. Everyone knows the 625 Madison Ave., address. The Marvel Bullpen, is really at 635 Madison Ave. Stan would try to do as much writing as possible, out by the pool, using a swivel podium. First time I saw Stan was in the halls (I forgot which floors they occupy), after Roy had stepped in. The met him at the Marvel SDCC party in whatever hotel that straddles Grants Tomb restaurant. Same party were I got to know Jackie Estrada... See sent me a copy of a photo see had taken of our table. For years, after that, dropping her name, and Gulacy had me set up with a pass one year, anyway, I crashed it more often than not. After A few years of having to drive half way back to LA to find a vacancy, and the bumper to bumper Sunday evening Route 5 trail of tears... It's been probably 10 years since I made the effort. We don't need no stink in' paragraphs.

Ohhhh... all those sweat mag titles, were published by Magazine Management, aimed at the GIs who had returned from WWII/Korea with the Nazi torturing girls,pows, or 'when animals attack' themed ones... All very heterosexual is spite of the titles. The artists might be Bill Everett, Mort Kunstler, Maurice Copeland, Earl Norem, Bruce Minney, Samson Pollen. The articles with a photo lead quite often were staged. Adkins would point out or spot people he knew constantly. That WAS a comic story. I intended to follow up, after naming the pulp titles that, the biggest money maker and from the pulp industry, was all the booze, smuggled into the states from Canada,on those trucks with cut trees, that were to be processed into pulp (paper). Anyway, already packed my bags.....

Ohhhh... all those sweat mag titles, were published by Magazine Management, aimed at the GIs who had returned from WWII/Korea with the Nazi torturing girls,pows, or 'when animals attack' themed ones... All very heterosexual is spite of the titles. The artists might be Bill Everett, Mort Kunstler, Maurice Copeland, Earl Norem, Bruce Minney, Samson Pollen. The articles with a photo lead quite often were staged. Adkins would point out or spot people he knew constantly. That WAS a comic story. I intended to follow up, after naming the pulp titles that, the biggest money maker and from the pulp industry, was all the booze, smuggled into the states from Canada,on those trucks with cut trees, that were to be processed into pulp (paper). Anyway, already packed my bags.....

Carry on Sir David, surely my idea of levity was lost in translation. My deepest apologies :sorry: