• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spiderman #14 Club (1st GREEN GOBLIN)

32 posts in this topic

A couple of weeks back I bought my first copies of four books I have sought since I was a kid in the 70s. Three spideys and a hulk 3. This was one of them, and I'm now a member. Also got the vulture and the mysterio issues. I think it's more like a FN copy but I wrote 5.0 because it has signs of aging like light to moderate tanning (cover barely shows it but noticeable on back). Paid a lot price for the four books (lower-mid grades except the vulture in 2.5) and ball-parked approx. allocation so not sure what I really paid for it.

GwF1Nge.jpg

Sure, you kidding, glad to. Haven't posted them anywhere else, ever so tempting many times in past to show off what great books that I always wanted and just received in the mail, but this was my first time posting new additions(and it was a face-to-face, paid a collector 1600 for all 4 of them).

VaybTnv.jpg

Thank you, guys!

Obviously I'm still pretty excited about them. Fifty-three years old and I'm all stoked about getting Green Goblin's first app. Plus I never thought I'd get a copy of #2 (his first few appearances are too rich for my blood) but then he had a low grade copy priced right.

Sure, you kidding, glad to. Haven't posted them anywhere else, ever so tempting many times in past to show off what great books that I always wanted and just received in the mail, but this was my first time posting new additions(and it was a face-to-face, paid a collector 1600 for all 4 of them).

VaybTnv.jpg

Very nice presenting copies :o Congrats on that haul.

I do indeed.

But then I need your #1. ; )

This past Saturday the same guy drove out from Houston for business in San Antonio and I bought from him a very nice ASM #9 (but missing 1/4 inch chip top left) to complete my #2-417 run (missing 236) along with a few FFs and two more Hulks. But unless there's a crash, I don't foresee buying AF15 or ASM1. : ( But I'm okay with that, I can work on my need for about ten more to fill out what's missing 417 through 441.

Congrats on a beautiful stretch of original Spider-mans ! I think #9 is settling down a bit since the movie's now old. And I see the only other you need there is a #7.