• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HIGH GRADE FF's, Mad About Millie, Spectre, MORE .99 cents! No Res!!

21 posts in this topic

Got my Mad about Millie 2 and thought I'd write about it here.

Plus: For the price I paid, I'm thrilled with this copy. Laststarfighter mylared this book and shipped it very safely. A small packing tip - watch the adhesive on the envelope you slide the book into. It actually caught on the mylar and some of the backing board - glad it was there to protect the book

Minus: As for the NM or 9.2 grade, I'd have to say it maybe a little stretch. There is a tear on the spine in the middle of the book where it says "Mad about Millie"; the "I" is torn up in a little flap. I don't know what the guys who regularly slab Giant Size Marvels would say about how CGC downgrades for that. Also, I found out what those stains we thought were foxing were - oxidation from rusty staple tips and signs of the middle of the staple also beginning to rust and give off brown particles that mix into the cover inks and bleed through. Dead giveaway was the musty basement smell (yes...guilty of being a comicsniffer!) that would expose the book to enough moisture to affect the staples. I spent a little time cleaning the staples off - should be ok for a while. the corners were sharp and tight as would be on a NM book.

So depending on how one would downgrade for the small lateral cover tear on the spine, the 3 staple tip holes on the front and the rust stains from the staples on the front and back, and if they downgrade for musty odor tongue.gif - I'd say it might come back from CGC with an 8.5? Since I slab mostly moderns off the shelf tongue.gif , I couldnt tell you about how they grade for those staple defects and stains mentioned - OS may be harsher on these defects confused-smiley-013.gif

I left you great feedback because I was very happy with the deal. Thanks for followinng up with me by PM and I look forward to seeing more of your books in the marketplace.