• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I saw this and drooled all over myself.

156 posts in this topic

He posted it in the marketplace........

And no, I'm not bidding. Just picked up a 9.9 copy for a fraction of the price. tongue.gif

You better post that [#@$%!!!]. smile.gif I wanna see it.

I keed, I keed.....my point was that although it's a highly desirable book there's a lot of them around, so I've become a bit jaded. Didn't mean to fool you.

Especially considering that the only existing 9.9 copy of that book was stickered at $60,000 when I saw it at SD a couple of years ago.

And no, I'm not bidding. Just picked up a 9.9 copy for a fraction of the price. tongue.gif

I keed, I keed.....my point was that although it's a highly desirable book there's a lot of them around, so I've become a bit jaded. Didn't mean to fool you.

Especially considering that the only existing 9.9 copy of that book was stickered at $60,000 when I saw it at SD a couple of years ago.

It wasn't for sale in SD. The owner had no intention of selling it. The owner was offered $60K, but turned it down.

It wasn't for sale in SD. The owner had no intention of selling it. The owner was offered $60K, but turned it down.

That is indeed correct, although that is where I saw the book - I couldn't be arsed to go into detail tongue.gif. The dealers from Hawaii (forgotten the name) had it at their table.

Arrogant bastards. I don't care how many Hulk 181's are out there graded as 9.4 or 9.6. All I have is my 4.0 copy. I can't afford any other copies of this book right now. So I would murder to get my hands on a 9.6 copy. Eat me.

That is indeed correct, although that is where I saw the book - I couldn't be arsed to go into detail tongue.gif. The dealers from Hawaii (forgotten the name) had it at their table.

Ideal Collectibles, who have since sold off all of their inventory to private investors.

Arrogant bastards. I don't care how many Hulk 181's are out there graded as 9.4 or 9.6. All I have is my 4.0 copy. I can't afford any other copies of this book right now. So I would murder to get my hands on a 9.6 copy. Eat me.

I'm happy with my 8.5 copy, and not looking to upgrade

Skybolt, yeah if I had an 8.5 I'd be content too. But I don't, mine is likely a 4.0 or 4.5 max. Maybe even lower if I sent it to CGC. So, you can understand my desire for a higher grade?

Skybolt, yeah if I had an 8.5 I'd be content too. But I don't, mine is likely a 4.0 or 4.5 max. Maybe even lower if I sent it to CGC. So, you can understand my desire for a higher grade?

Once you start your Engineering career, you'll get all those books. thumbsup2.gif

Sorry if we don't share your envy of this book. confused-smiley-013.gif

When you said you were drooling on yourself, I thought we going to see an Action #1 or Dectective #27.

Hulk #181 is 9.6, is more common then ANY MARVEL Silver-Age book before 1965 in 9.0 or higher.

Personally, I think you need to see a doctor about your drooling problem.

When you said you were drooling on yourself, I thought we going to see an Action #1 or Dectective #27.

Hulk #181 is 9.6, is more common then ANY MARVEL Silver-Age book before 1965 in 9.0 or higher.

Personally, I think you need to see a doctor about your drooling problem.

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Oh master, please tell me more information that I don't really care to know.

Geez, if you don't like Hulk 181, then don't post here and gtf out of this thread.