• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Wolverine and the X-men #4 Venom variant I am thinking of having graded.

3 posts in this topic

I am a very harsh self grader, a novice grader at that though. If I see a even remotely fuzzy corner, i think its a 9.6/9.4 immediately. I have already 9.8 graded comics with fuzzy corners and other defects though. This is my most prized comic, I have two copies but this is the best one. The other is exactly the same but with a proper spine crease on the cover. Let me know what you think it might grade at? I had already taken the pictures before reading the guidelines, my bad.

The cover.

084_zpshdykxury.jpg[/url]

This is the only bit of spine crease on the back, little, if any color break. I have really magnified it with the light of my phone.

091_zpscaghvgfd.jpg[/url]

Some roll on the top left back corner :(

089_zpswl1n8wmv.jpg[/url]

Tiny little tick on bottom left front corner, back right corner but straight and sharp.

090_zpssg69k1lc.jpg[/url] 087_zpsncrxwpdi.jpg[/url]

They are all the imperfections I could find, I went over it with a fine tooth comb. The outside anyway, I am hoping the inside is all fine and intact.

That looks like a really solid book, 9.6 in the least.

However, I gave a friend a book we both agreed was a solid 9.6 if not a 9.8, we both agreed it was a strong 9.6, and it came back a 9.2

That's the way the cookie crumbles.