• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something Weird on Heritage

57 posts in this topic

Scott, you been spending time at Supapimp's house? 4:20?

Those are not the same book, very similar, but not the same book.

Now look at the huge, clear scans I provided and let me know if you want to change your answer.

You guys are nuts. There is about a 0% chance of two books having the same exact water stains, edge chips and corner creases. Doiby's issue has a variety of singular defects all of which are mirrored in the other.

They are UNDOUBTEDLY the same book. The differences along the edges are caused by the ink flakes delaminating from the underlayer of paper. Heritage probably pressed them flat or wetted them so they'd stick together while making the scan (or maybe they just delaminated on their own), and they have now come apart while in the slab.

Here are the huge scans. Note that even the mottling in the water stain at top right matches perfectly, and that the stain itself matches perfectly, as do ALL of the wrinkles and dings:

I seriously feel like the human echo. frown.giffrustrated.gif

They are UNDOUBTEDLY the same book. The differences along the edges are caused by the ink flakes delaminating from the underlayer of paper. Heritage probably pressed them flat or wetted them so they'd stick together while making the scan (or maybe they just delaminated on their own), and they have now come apart while in the slab.

Here are the huge scans. Note that even the mottling in the water stain at top right matches perfectly, and that the stain itself matches perfectly, as do ALL of the wrinkles and dings:

It could be worse. You could be agreeing with everything that Deathlok says. confused-smiley-013.gif

So now that it has been established that Heritage is trying to auction off a book owned by Doiby and listed with a different grade, I have just one question:

WTF is going on with the Heritage "auction"? frustrated.gif

So now that it has been established that Heritage is trying to auction off a book owned by Doiby and listed with a different grade, I have just one question:

WTF is going on with the Heritage "auction"? frustrated.gif

Thanks for all of the help, guys. Geez, the only thing that I can think of is that this book originated from Heritage(I got it from eBay), and they put this scan up by accident. This is just too bizarre! tongue.gif

yeah, i think the Heritage's pic and Doiby's pic are both of the same book. Heritage's pic was taken earlier.

It's probably - considering the source and the negative cost/benefit ratio of trying to pull a fast one with this particular book - something nonsinister, but this is a prime lesson example of why one should never try to scam the members of this board. you WILL get busted

If you browse Heritage for past auctions and put in "World's Finest #3" in the search, you'll find that it says this book was auctioned August 2004. But when you actually click the link to the book it says it was auctioned off April 2005. I have to assume that the book was really auctioned off in 2004, and some how Heritage has there ending time incorrect on this for some reason. That is really the only thing that makes sense. Guy buy book on Heritage, flips it on ebay to Larry, Larry slabs it.

They probably used saliva! stooges.gif

But I agree, of course that is the same book! flowerred.gif

It could be worse. You could be agreeing with everything that Deathlok says. confused-smiley-013.gif

That would be amazing, because I don't agree with I am saying most times. headbang.gif

That would be amazing, because I don't agree with I am saying most times. headbang.gif

Who are you talking to?

Just beacuse the legal system is inadequate with dealing with today's criminal element does not mean that Grocery stores should stop selling expired products. screwy.gif

Heritage denies that they press their books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif