• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Stupid Thread by Hobgoblin

50 posts in this topic

So I was scanning in some of my books, and noticed my two ASM 284's were different. Yes, I know they're in bad shape, image #1 is the first ASM book I ever owned. Anyone know what the difference is? I didn't think they really differentiated between direct and regular editions back then. I assume that must be why, though? confused-smiley-013.gif Or maybe Image 2 may have come in a 3-pack? Because even the price box is different.

Image #1

amazing_spiderman_284_noupc.jpg

Image #2

amazing_spiderman_284.jpg

Is the Modern forum locked..?

Ooops...that was judgemental. flowerred.gif

I meant.

Should this not be a question posed in the CGC Modern Forum?

Ze-

No, because this is a "Copper" book now ... apparently. poke2.gif

But I've seen questions like this posted here before, so flowerred.gif

I know.. I know...I am just in denial. If this book is Copper.. then that means I must be getting older.

Ze-

Yeah, I know. I think the whole "Copper" thing is retarded. I fear change. Whats next? The Tin Age? Aluminum? smile.gif

I know.. I know...I am just in denial. If this book is Copper.. then that means I must be getting older.

Ze-

Yeah, I know. I think the whole "Copper" thing is retarded. I fear change. Whats next? The Tin Age? Aluminum? smile.gif

No the "IRON AGE" headbang.gif

I didn't think they really differentiated between direct and regular editions back then.

poke2.gif

usvscanada1.jpgusvscanada2.jpg

B, now you're really confusing me ..... 27_laughing.gifconfused.gif

Wait, do I have a cover to post in the Pence Thread???

I didn't think they really differentiated between direct and regular editions back then.

poke2.gif

usvscanada1.jpgusvscanada2.jpg

I thought that the 75 cents copy is a "Canadian Price Variant"?

Both of mine are 75 cent covers. One has the UPC and CCA logo, while the other has neither.

Geez, I try to get some actual information from people, and they just give me a bunch of graemlins. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm serious people, I have no idea what the difference means.

You were correct - that is the difference between direct market and news stand - look at the UPC on one and not on the other.

That's " newsstand edition " poke2.gif

The one with the CCA logo is newsstand and the one without is Direct. Makes sense to me, that's what I thought. Just didn't realize they actually used "direct" editions back then. Oh well.

So what about the 60 and 75 cent differences? Which one is the price variant? My entire set of the Gang War story (284-288) are all 75 cent covers.

Geez, I try to get some actual information from people, and they just give me a bunch of graemlins. confused-smiley-013.gif

The 2 I posted are the US & Canadian newsstand editions. The direct edition has the UK/US/CAN price.

Maybe sometime between 252 & 284....Marvel decided to make only 1 newsstand version. confused-smiley-013.gif

The 2 I posted are the US & Canadian newsstand editions. The direct edition has the UK/US/CAN price.

Maybe sometime between 252 & 284....Marvel decided to make only 1 newsstand version. confused-smiley-013.gif

So mine are Canadian then? That's interesting .... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I suppose it doesn't make them anymore special though confused-smiley-013.gif

That's " newsstand edition " poke2.gif

Then which ones are "Canadian Price Variants"? Or are they all really just newsstand editions?

Same thing. Kinda like the difference between a Mark Jewelers insert , and a Mark Jewelers variant . insane.gif