• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Avengers 48

10 posts in this topic

do you all think this book would be a good one to get signed by Stan Lee? I was going to have it pressed and dry cleaned as well. I don't have many silver age books. The only other book that I have that I think would be a good candidate for him to sign is Amazing Spider-Man 293 (Kraven's Last Hunt).

If that's a crease then it won't get a 9.0. I saw that it bit later sorry. It was hard to tell if it was a production crease, crease from damage, or a scratch. It should still improve on a press quite a bit on a press.

I think you need to go with your gut as to what you'd like signed.

Hold on... there's a long corner crease on the front below Wasp. That won't press out

+1

No reason at all to press this book, period. You may get the one on the back cover out if the paper is not broken, but all the pressing in the world will not take out that long diagonal on the front, period. Pressing does not solve every problem on a book.

That crease is huge. This book would be in the 4.5 range with a crease that large. You also have a multitude of thumb creases on the bottome edge, wear at the upper spine corner with a chip out, and lots of other stuff going on at the edges. This book is probably only in the 6.0/6.5 range with out the large crease. Just my 2c