• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scanning the CGC bar code
1 1

43 posts in this topic

On 9/23/2016 at 6:06 PM, bc said:

Good news everyone !

The new style slab barcodes use the same codec as the last generation. The spreadsheet tool worked on all of them :

pic4_newslab_zpspo1v9rzm.jpg

The Art Contents do not exactly match what is on the label:

Jack Kirby & Ayers cover

Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, Don Heck,

Paul Reinman& Ayers art

Yes, the missing space in "Reinman&" is actually how it is printed. Uggh, can't believe they auto-replace Mr. Ayers first name :(

I only have 5 of the new style slabs, all basic blues, but they all worked fine.

-bc

It's time for another :bump:to this AMAZING THREAD! WOW yet another reason I love the boards! If you have a current working version of this I would LOVE to get it. I am currently trying to go back through my entire collection to update with scans, pictures, descriptions,  etc for inventory and insurance  and it would be a HUGE time saver to be able to scan the cgc labels and populate the information.  I am also looking at printing custom labels for the raws similar to what my comic shop does for my assessment of grade and information about the books. I REALLY HOPE YOU HAVE THIS STILL !   

Thank you! 

42 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

It's time for another :bump:to this AMAZING THREAD! WOW yet another reason I love the boards! If you have a current working version of this I would LOVE to get it. I am currently trying to go back through my entire collection to update with scans, pictures, descriptions,  etc for inventory and insurance  and it would be a HUGE time saver to be able to scan the cgc labels and populate the information.  I am also looking at printing custom labels for the raws similar to what my comic shop does for my assessment of grade and information about the books. I REALLY HOPE YOU HAVE THIS STILL !   

Thank you! 

Hey man,

I still have it but need to dust it off and do some updates. The last time I tried to use it I got some unexpected results that may be due to the site update they did back in 2017.

It's just a basic Excel spreadsheet with a VBA -script. If anyone wants to jump into the fun, let me know as I'm not opposed to this being a "team" effort :)

Bought a super cheap barcode scanner from Amazon (think it was like $39 shipped), other than an internet connection and some slabs to scan, that's pretty much all you need from a requirements perspective.

I'll try and spend some quality Guinness-time tonight seeing where it stands....feel free to hit me up in a few days if I don't post back here.

-bc

2 hours ago, bc said:

Hey man,

I still have it but need to dust it off and do some updates. The last time I tried to use it I got some unexpected results that may be due to the site update they did back in 2017.

It's just a basic Excel spreadsheet with a VBA --script. If anyone wants to jump into the fun, let me know as I'm not opposed to this being a "team" effort :)

Bought a super cheap barcode scanner from Amazon (think it was like $39 shipped), other than an internet connection and some slabs to scan, that's pretty much all you need from a requirements perspective.

I'll try and spend some quality Guinness-time tonight seeing where it stands....feel free to hit me up in a few days if I don't post back here.

-bc

Thank you. That is amazing.  I greatly appreciate it.