• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC TV rumors including movie tie-ins

5 posts in this topic

This is from the same source that hinted Doug Liman (Edge of Tomorrow) was going to take on a DC property film. He ended up dropping Fox's Gambit, and signing up for Justice League Dark.

DC Rumors: Green Lantern Sinestro Corps War, Man of Steel 2 & HBO TV Series

• Booster Gold is still in the works, treated more as a Deadpool February release film. No production date set.

• Lobo is currently up in the air, being eyed as a potential TV series set in the DCEU movie universe.

• Deathstroke no longer in the works. Ayer wanted to use him in Suicide Squad 2, will have an antagonist role.

• Metal Men being eyed as a start for animated DC movies. If Lego Batman is successful, Warner plans to push forward development and Warner Animation Group will create the movie.

• WB wants to make a few “in-universe” tv shows for the DCEU, multiple smaller teams and smaller characters being eyed. WB wants these shows to be “premium cable” type shows akin to Game Of Thrones

• Fables Movie adapt canceled. Currently being eyed as a television show, although worried it may draw the comparison from Once Upon a Time. Up in the air if it will happen or not.

• Sandman movie currently being developed. Giving it as much time as it needs to develop. Could very well be canceled. Joaquin Pheonix approached after Joseph Levitt left.

• Sam Raimi being courted to direct a DCEU movie.

• 100 bullets still in development, although will not at all be marketed as a comic-related movie. Will have the Vertigo banner, but will be along the lines of Kingsman. Was envisioned as a “Sin City” type film, but is currently now a singular story. Will focus on one man’s story with the gun, and have appearances throughout by the Minutemen and the Trust.

• The Question being developed for HBO as a smaller scale “gritty noir” show.

• Suicide Squad 2 production begins soon, Ayer started writing the -script in July, expected to shoot late-spring 2017. Will reportedly be dialed back from SS1, with less CGI, a more human threat, and no pop music at all. Slightly lower budget.

• George Miller attracted to making a Jack Kirby property movie, working on Mad Max sequel in-between potential DCEU movie.

• Man of Steel 2 is happening, Snyder not returning to direct.

• Snyder no longer wants to return to direct JL 2, has opted out. Plans to direct a smaller scale movie for next project.

• Shazam to be a one-off movie unless it does extremely well.

• Cyborg currently up in the air. If he's a breakout character in JL, he will get a movie, if not, it'll be repurposed.

• Legion of Superheroes canceled. Deemed “too early” to be developed.

• Darkseid could potentially be saved for JL 3, having more background development in other movies for New Gods and Apokolips. New Gods property being heavily eyed as a film.

• Green Lantern Corps will be an adaptation of Sinestro Corps War. Will have Guy Gardener, John Stewart, and Hal Jordan as the only human lanterns. Red Lanterns won’t appear but will be teased.

• JSA was originally being worked on, expected to be teased in Wonder Woman with them being in WWI instead of WWII heroes. The idea was scrapped due to it not fitting the general plot of Wonder Woman. It was decided to relegate these characters to the CW shows.

• Scalped being worked on by WGN network. Was held up with Doug Jung working on Star Trek movie. Jung expected to show run the series. Geoff Johns wrote the pilot.

• WB wants to keep a 3-year release schedule with solo movies for A-listers . Wants to keep diversity in the lineup and keep filmgoers interested without being fatigued. On DC Animated movies, plans are to increase production to 4 movies per year. Doing “event” animated movies with a limited theater release ala Killing Joke will probably happen yearly.

• Old scripts being revitalized as animated movies might still happen. Batman Beyond -script by Boaz Yakin has been floating around.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan Is Still Eager To Play Thomas Wayne's BATMAN In A FLASHPOINT Movie

In a recent interview with Cinemablend, Morgan once again indicated his eagerness to portray Thomas Wayne as Batman. “Maybe when [Zack Snyder] cast me that was kind of the goal. Hopefully DC can figure this all out, and in a few years I can come back and do a Flashpoint Batman! I would love it. That would be great.”

Batman v Superman actually saw Ezra Miller's Flash appear to offer Bruce a foreboding warning about a grim future. Some fans theorized that this could indicate a Flashpoint film was planned or at least being hinted at. Morgan did confirm that no official talks about Flashpoint or a movie based on it have taken place, but did say that Zack Snyder put the idea of being Batman in his head back when the two were doing press for Watchmen. “I have not had any big discussions with him about [Flashpoint], but I remember when we were in Australia doing Watchmen press, and I was having dinner with Zack or whatever. And he was like, ‘My dream is to do the Frank Miller Batman.’ And he goes, ‘You would be an awesome Batman.’ The darker version.”

Could some of these rumors come true?

Jeffrey Dean Morgan Is Still Eager To Play Thomas Wayne's BATMAN In A FLASHPOINT Movie

In a recent interview with Cinemablend, Morgan once again indicated his eagerness to portray Thomas Wayne as Batman. “Maybe when [Zack Snyder] cast me that was kind of the goal. Hopefully DC can figure this all out, and in a few years I can come back and do a Flashpoint Batman! I would love it. That would be great.”

Batman v Superman actually saw Ezra Miller's Flash appear to offer Bruce a foreboding warning about a grim future. Some fans theorized that this could indicate a Flashpoint film was planned or at least being hinted at. Morgan did confirm that no official talks about Flashpoint or a movie based on it have taken place, but did say that Zack Snyder put the idea of being Batman in his head back when the two were doing press for Watchmen. “I have not had any big discussions with him about [Flashpoint], but I remember when we were in Australia doing Watchmen press, and I was having dinner with Zack or whatever. And he was like, ‘My dream is to do the Frank Miller Batman.’ And he goes, ‘You would be an awesome Batman.’ The darker version.”

Could some of these rumors come true?

:o

Don't toy with my emotions...

Geoff Johns Teases New DC TV Announcement in 2017

During a rapid-fire year-end wrap-up on Twitter, DC president and chief creative officer Geoff Johns revealed that fans can expect yet another DC television announcement in the coming year.

FurypQy.png

The list doesn't include a number of DC TV projects that are currently on TV or in development, including Powerless, which premieres in the spring, and Black Lightning from Greg Berlanti, the producer behind Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow.

Besides the shows listed by Johns, DC's television division is currently in production on new seasons of Preacher and iZombie while pilots or first seasons are in development for Powerless, Scalped, Krypton, and Black Lightning.

What about FREEDOM FIGHTERS: THE RAY ? That is also in the works. Although there has also been on-again/off-again mentions of Legion of Super-Heroes. And there is always Constantine.

:wishluck: