• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Con reports?

43 posts in this topic

Greggy tried to dry hump me :facepalm:

Was that the arrest that Joey saw?

Looked like 5 or 6 kids that had gotten into a fight. They all had cuts and scrapes, with the ocassional torn shirt. The police had them sitting on the curb handcuffed with their hands behind them. The whole time I was walking by the police said nothing...they just stared at the kids. Up a little further was another police cruiser with two already in the back seat. All of this was on St. James around 4:00PM as I walked back to my hotel.

Our 1st time in Baltimore, we checked into our hotel (the Monaco) and at around 2 AM, and looking out the front window into the street there were about 100 people with 15 police cruisers in some large altercation. Cops everywhere and people in the streets. At 2 AM.

Good times.

I was once driving in my neighborhood and a fight with like 30 guys spilled out of a McDonald's and guys almost landed on the front of my car. I got the heck out of there before the guns came out.

"Selection of obscure Golden Age material seems to be drying up everywhere, not much at all in Baltimore from MLJ, Ace, Centaur, Holyoke etc."

If it was easy to find it would not be obscure.

I saw a fairly good amount of GA at the show. I think Donut commented earlier that "his" booth had quite a bit of stuff.

Bedrock Richard brought some GA books to the show. Gene Carpenter (All American Comics) always has boxes of GA. It's there. Just not as prevelant as Marvel SA (naturally).