• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how much grade loss for missing marvel value stamp?

15 posts in this topic

Did a board search for "Missing Marvel Value Stamp" and came up with nothing so I figure it's ok to ask this question here:

How much of a grade loss do you receive when CGC slabbing a book with a missing Marvel Value Stamp?

Thanks.

It's an incomplete book. So I think you can get a qualified label and get the actual grade.

If you want a blue label, I would say it's either 0.5 or maybe 1.0 max.

That's what I've always assumed and how I've graded them, until...

... a TOS39 surfaced recently, with a story-affecting coupon cut out, with a 2.5 label.

It's an incomplete book. So I think you can get a qualified label and get the actual grade.

... a TOS39 surfaced recently, with a story-affecting coupon cut out, with a 2.5 label.

Pic or it didn't happen :baiting:

Pic or it didn't happen :baiting:

I wish I had snapped a picture because it was in one of the early, new slabs and was starting to look like a sin wave.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that if you had a comic that was otherwise a 9.8 or higher, the loss would probably be greater than 1.0. At least that's how it seems to me.

^ Funny, that is the same issue (CM33 in 9.8 with cutout) in the link they gave No-man.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that if you had a comic that was otherwise a 9.8 or higher, the loss would probably be greater than 1.0. At least that's how it seems to me.

Think he meant the final grade would be 1.0, not the loss.

People care if cut-out affects story or not, but do collectors tend to distinguish whether the cutout is a coupon, MVS, or (in my case) a letter from letters page (about 1 inch by 2 inches, with ads on reverse side of letter page)?

My letter cutout came from an FF 46 in FVF otherwise. I figure grade remains 1.0 (blue) at best or 7.0 qualified, correct?

So...if a book is returned with "MARVEL VALUE STAMP MISSING FROM PAGE 10, DOES NOT AFFECT STORY"...

Is that "leaf 10" or numbered page 10???
I have seen this rmk on a number of books, like its a template for the graders...but i know these particular stamps were closer to the back of the book, if that make sense...anyone? BTW...these were graded 5.0 GREEN and 3.5 BLUE

Edited by PaulyP_in_NC