• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Marc Lasry Collection

62 posts in this topic

That WW #1 is shockingly nice in person. It looks like it's brand new (I didn't see the BC though).

Sharp corners and edges and nice and bright.

I was the one who originally brought the other 9.0 copy to market, and I agree that the corners on this one are just a bit sharper- I think it presents slightly better than the other 9.0

Neat.

Just from looking at the Solicitation copy, it looks like the one defect keeping the grade down is a 'scratch' in the center of the front cover. Other than that it looked brand new.

Collecting comics is a cheap hobby for billionaires. Could this be a reason for some high sales prices?

I would say that Lasry is in the same boat as most other long-term collectors in that he is really more a beneficiary of the rising prices in the comic book marketplace, as opposed to being one of the billionaires that are driving the high prices.

Unlike a billionaire like Ayman Hariri who very clearly was responsible for driving up prices in the comic book marketplace with some of his record setting purchases over the past several years.