• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

33 posts in this topic

:news: Prices dropped 10%, new prices in the listings reflect this discount. :news:

Ok, extravaganza may be overstating the case slightly, but I do have eight cool and affordable books that will be up for sale.

:takeit: in the thread or PM works, timestamp will determine the new owner. I will update the thread ASAP in case someone buys via PM.

Offers are welcomed, particularly on package deals. The worst I can say is no, and I will likely just counter at a price I can live with.

All books are returnable if you are not happy. If it is a simple disagreement on grade then return shipping is on the buyer, if I missed something then it will be on me.

Shipping will be additional to your location, exact cost.

Paypal, checks, and MOs are accepted, if you are outside the US it is Paypal only.

Nobody on any list is welcome to purchase, nor if you have ever backed out on a deal with me previously.

I think that is enough fine print...

Strange Tales #87 VG -- asking $59 + shipping SOLD to bc

General wear, light wrinkling, light Marvel chipping along right edge and a small chip out of the bottom edge of the FC. Small spots along the spine where exterior paper is lost, but these are not holes and cover has integrity. Tanning to edges of inside covers, PQ is fine. Cover and centerfold well attached at both staples.

ST87.jpg

ST87bc.jpg

Strange Tales #94 VG+++ -- asking $80 $72 + shipping SOLD

Now below my cost. General wear to FC, minor scrape on right edge at word box, slightly more wear/wrinkling to BC, minor stain at bottom of BC that does not affect pages; cover and centerfold attached at both staples, no visible rust. Originally purchased from Bedrock Comics at a WW Austin show (when that show was good).

ST94.jpg

ST94bc.jpg

Strange Tales #87 VG -- asking $59 + shipping

General wear, light wrinkling, light Marvel chipping along right edge and a small chip out of the bottom edge of the FC. Small spots along the spine where exterior paper is lost, but these are not holes and cover has integrity. Tanning to edges of inside covers, PQ is fine. Cover and centerfold well attached at both staples.

ST87.jpg

ST87bc.jpg

:takeit:

-bc

Tales of Suspense #11 VG/VG+ -- asking $95 + shipping SOLD to bc

Light general wear to cover, reading creasing along spine, nothing serious, minor darkening on lower staple that is likely light oxidation, cover and centerfold well attached at both staples, excellent page quality.

TOS11.jpg

TOS11bc.jpg

Strange Tales #87 VG -- asking $59 + shipping

ST87.jpg

ST87bc.jpg

-bc

^^ Thank you sir! Glad to be added to your boardie collection! lol

Tales of Suspense #11 VG/VG+ -- asking $95 + shipping

Light general wear to cover, reading creasing along spine, nothing serious, minor darkening on lower staple that is likely light oxidation, cover and centerfold well attached at both staples, excellent page quality.

TOS11.jpg

TOS11bc.jpg

too pretty to pass up

-bc

Tales of Suspense #36 (Big Apple Pedigree) F/VF -- asking $100 $90 + shipping

Structurally beautiful with a great spine, main issues are light Marvel chipping along the right edge and the obvious dust/sun shadows. Purchased from Worldwide Comics at 2014 Alamo City Comic Con.

TOS36.jpg

TOS36bc.jpg

TOS36Cert.jpg

Tales of Suspense #11 VG/VG+ -- asking $95 + shipping

TOS11.jpg

TOS11bc.jpg

too pretty to pass up

-bc

Also a ^^ Looking at my copy again I am wondering how much of an upgrade my incoming 5.5 will be, this is a sharp copy of this book.

Tales to Astonish #6 CGC 6.5 OW (Restored slight C-1) -- asking $225 $199 + shipping

Resto note is "small amount of glue on spine of cover" NO trimming, NO color touch.

Purchased raw, had it pressed by Joeypost. You're unlikely to find too many copies that are structurally nicer than this book. Note the writing on the back cover, it is a list of the stories inside. I based my asking price off of what I paid for a 6.0 blue label to replace this one.

TTA06CGC.jpg

TTA06CGCbc.jpg

Tales to Astonish #22 CGC 4.0 OW-W -- asking $55 + shipping SOLD

Solid copy of a fairly difficult book. Asking price is my cost. Try to find a presentable copy for $55, let alone graded! For an added bonus it is from the Westport collection.

TTA22CGC40.jpg

TTA22CGC40bc.jpg

Last book of the sale is not a pre-hero Marvel, but will likely appeal to fans of PHMs like it did me.

Unusual Tales #9 VG-/VG -- asking $40 $36 + shipping

General wear, cover and centerfold are both attached at both staples. Very minor tear at top hole of lower staple, but staple is still firm. ¼ inch spine split at lower spine corner, minor stain at bottom of back cover that does not affect pages. Solid copy of a Ditko classic.

UnusualTales09.jpg

UnusualTales09bc.jpg

:applause:

nice selection of books

Thanks Doc! I had accumulated a few in the last year or so, and upgrading a few more late last week gave me the push I needed to pull a thread together. Gotta pay for those upgrades somehow!

Tales to Astonish #22 CGC 4.0 OW-W -- asking $55 + shipping

Solid copy of a fairly difficult book. Asking price is my cost. Try to find a presentable copy for $55, let alone graded! For an added bonus it is from the Westport collection.

TTA22CGC40.jpg

TTA22CGC40bc.jpg

Tales to Astonish #22 CGC 4.0 OW-W -- asking $55 + shipping

TTA22CGC40.jpg

TTA22CGC40bc.jpg

^^ Thank you!

:applause:

nice selection of books

Thanks Doc! I had accumulated a few in the last year or so, and upgrading a few more late last week gave me the push I needed to pull a thread together. Gotta pay for those upgrades somehow!

and its always fun to pass the under copies on to fellow pre hero collectors.