• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Frank Cho Appreciation Thread

10 posts in this topic

Where's the love for Frank Cho covers? Seems that he's not as hot as he once was. Or maybe he was never at the top of the cover artist craze, but I've been so enamored by his well-endowed women that I only assumed others were equally interested. Maybe his "outrage" stuff from the last couple of years wore on people? 

Edited by Reno McCoy
Updating for new forum

I know I would love to get his signature and a sketch inside my Shanna HC :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I still wish he'd do that "adult" version of Shanna. Never gonna happen, but it does sound intriguing.

I think it's because he's been doing non-Marvel/DC work for the past few years, his popularity has waned. If they ever bring him back to do another run on Spidey or Wonder Woman or something, his popularity will spike back up.

Remember, JSC had a popularity lull for a few years there before he stared doing a lot of Marvel variants. He still had a following but his books weren't super sought-after like they are now. Same with Cho, if he starts doing variants on characters that people connect him with like WW or Spidey or something.

I picked up a 9.8 copy of his painted cover to Black Panther #2 the other day... His "outrage" material has been attracting attention, but the range of his work - from hatchwork to painting - is increasingly impressive. I think his star is still rising...