• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advise to CGC submitters!

94 posts in this topic

I like your new avator. thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

It's greggy's passport photo. gossip.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif

You answered my PM and that post in 5 seconds......not bad.......

Multi-tasking gossip.gif

My mouse says you dont speak much sense greggy

moosel.jpg

Your mouse looks like snake food so confused-smiley-013.gif

My mouse will savage you any day insane.gifscrewy.gif

I thought that CGC requested that money be put in the centerfolds using envelopes?

I think Newt suggested you include explicit polaroid pictures in the centerfold of your comics for submission. confused-smiley-013.gif

I bought some books off eBay from a seller who put the board in the center, and no board on the back. The front covers were awesome, but the back covers were all kinds of messed up. foreheadslap.gif

Plus, when you do that, the spine of the book can potentially be damaged easier, because it doesn't have the board supporting it.

wouldn't a board in the middle of a book be a "centerboard?"

don't these numbskulls know that a "backing board" is for the back? holy craap, i can only pray these people don't vote

Center backing board

Only makes book tear or bend

Old school method best

Please specify more

Your words are too general

Please elaborate

Acid free board in back

Slide book in top-lock mylar

Store in cool dark place

Center backing board

Old school method best

Please specify more

Please elaborate

Acid free board in back

Store in cool dark place

Donut make fun Hulk

Make Hulk Angry, Make Hulk Mad

Hulk not like spine dings

I have noticed a growning number of submitters who use extra backing boards in the bags. They are placing these boards in the centerfolds and even between the front and back covers and the pages. Submitters should know that this has a high potential for damage to the centerfold and the covers, as they may become detached, torn or bent. If you are unsure how to pack your books, check out our home page and click "Services and Submission" and then click "SHIPPING YOUR BOOKS" for advice.

West

893whatthe.gif

What kind of insufficiently_thoughtful_person puts a backing board in the middle of the comic!?!? foreheadslap.gif

( hi.gifdevil.gif )

tongue.gif

screwy.gif

I have noticed a growning number of submitters who use extra backing boards in the bags. They are placing these boards in the centerfolds and even between the front and back covers and the pages. Submitters should know that this has a high potential for damage to the centerfold and the covers, as they may become detached, torn or bent. If you are unsure how to pack your books, check out our home page and click "Services and Submission" and then click "SHIPPING YOUR BOOKS" for advice.

West

893whatthe.gif

What kind of insufficiently_thoughtful_person puts a backing board in the middle of the comic!?!? foreheadslap.gif

( hi.gifdevil.gif )

tongue.gif

screwy.gif

poke2.gif

West

893whatthe.gif

( hi.gifdevil.gif )

tongue.gif

screwy.gif

poke2.gif
sumo.gif

West

893whatthe.gif

( hi.gifdevil.gif )

tongue.gif

screwy.gif

poke2.gif
sumo.gif
gossip.gif

West

893whatthe.gif

( hi.gifdevil.gif )

tongue.gif

screwy.gif

poke2.gif
sumo.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

West

893whatthe.gif

( hi.gifdevil.gif )

tongue.gif

screwy.gif

poke2.gif
sumo.gif
gossip.gif
hail.gif

Center backing board

Old school method best

Please specify more

Please elaborate

Acid free board in back

Store in cool dark place

That's not the question

Explain all the tears and bends

I've never seen that

Center backing board

Old school method best

Please specify more

Please elaborate

Acid free board in back

Store in cool dark place

That's not the question

I've never seen that

You guys are almost writing Hiku's. but not quite. Keep trying! thumbsup2.gif

Center backing board

Old school method best

Please specify more

Please elaborate

Acid free board in back

Store in cool dark place

That's not the question

I've never seen that

You guys are almost writing Hiku's. but not quite. Keep trying! thumbsup2.gif

As long as we're critiquing other's literary prowess, that's "haiku", not "hiku"! makepoint.gif