• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advise to CGC submitters!

94 posts in this topic

Scotland technically isn't Commonwealth, matey.........

Did anyone else watching "Braveheart" think to themself, "Okay, the Scots have bravely defeated the English and won their freedom, so that today, they are a free and independent... Wait a minute! WTF?!" foreheadslap.gif

Or to paraphrase from "Trainspotting": a country conquered by wankers.

27_laughing.gif I love pointing out both of these things to my Scottish friends!

Leave English alone Hobby

It is not your friend

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is laugh-so-loud-at-the-office-that-your-secretary-gives-you-a-quizzical-look funny! hail.gif

acclaim.gif

893whatthe.gif Dude, you have some serious insomnia!

Scotland technically isn't Commonwealth, matey.........

Did anyone else watching "Braveheart" think to themself, "Okay, the Scots have bravely defeated the English and won their freedom, so that today, they are a free and independent... Wait a minute! WTF?!" foreheadslap.gif

Or to paraphrase from "Trainspotting": a country conquered by wankers.

27_laughing.gif I love pointing out both of these things to my Scottish friends!

Frankly im surprised you have any scottish friends left. yeahok.gifflowerred.gif

(p.s we are free and independant. We have our own government now. Plus we have that "We can kick your as s again" threat over England.)

Frankly im surprised you have any scottish friends left. yeahok.gifflowerred.gif

That's what they say too! But then I buy another round and all is forgiven, until I pretend to confuse Robert Burns with Robert Frost. 27_laughing.gif

(p.s we are free and independant. We have our own government now.)

Oh ri-i-i-ght, forgot about that. Let me run down to the Scottish embassy and pick up a picture of the Scottish PM right now... Wait a minute...

That's what they say too! But then I buy another round and all is forgiven, until I pretend to confuse Robert Burns with Robert Frost. 27_laughing.gif

Oh ri-i-i-ght, forgot about that. Let me run down to the Scottish embassy and pick up a picture of the Scottish PM right now... Wait a minute...

You're referring to Tony Blair, right? Because Blair IS Scottish, laddie.

And even my Scottish friends think that Braveheart was a load of anti - English cod- historical wank by some know-it-all poseur.

Trainspotting was damn good, tho'. At least the English weren't colonized by wankers.........

Buy me a beer and i'll forgive you too 27_laughing.gif

893whatthe.gif Doesn't sound like any Scot I've ever met! Anyways, while he may be a Scot who is PM, he's not PM of the Scots (except by virtue of being PM of UK. Or is it GB? I never know which one is correct in any particular situation). Hell, Monaco has more sovereign status than Scotland.

And even my Scottish friends think that Braveheart was a load of anti - English cod- historical wank by some know-it-all poseur.

Well, to be fair I think it's a great movie. I just found it ironic that the glorious victory was so easily undone just a few centuries later.

Trainspotting was damn good, tho'. At least the English weren't colonized by wankers.........

Agree that it was a great movie. The difference between the Yanks and the Scots is the Yanks kicked the Brits out and had the good sense to keep them out!

893whatthe.gif Doesn't sound like any Scot I've ever met! Anyways, while he may be a Scot who is PM, he's not PM of the Scots (except by virtue of being PM of UK. Or is it GB? I never know which one is correct in any particular situation). Hell, Monaco has more sovereign status than Scotland.

Well, to be fair I think it's a great movie. I just found it ironic that the glorious victory was so easily undone just a few centuries later.

Agree that it was a great movie. The difference between the Yanks and the Scots is the Yanks kicked the Brits out and had the good sense to keep them out!

Blair isn't really a Scot, or at least he doesn't identify himself as one.

The difference between the terms Great Britain and United Kingdom is: GB only means the England, Scotland and Wales mainland. The UK includes Northern Ireland and all the islands that are British territory such as the Isle Of Man, the Hebrides, Shetlands, Western Isles etc.

Braveheart was the worst film ever to win Best Picture Oscar, so we'll agree to disagree. And this is nothing to do with patriotism - I may be a Brit, but I'm not Anglo-Saxon.

And as for the Yanks "kicking the Brits out" - the Yanks then were Brits, so there.

And as for keeping us out - there are 5 million Brits residing in the U.S. at present, many of them Scottish. tongue.gif

Blair isn't really a Scot, or at least he doesn't identify himself as one.

The difference between the terms Great Britain and United Kingdom is: GB only means the England, Scotland and Wales mainland. The UK includes Northern Ireland and all the islands that are British territory such as the Isle Of Man, the Hebrides, Shetlands, Western Isles etc.

Braveheart was the worst film ever to win Best Picture Oscar, so we'll agree to disagree. And this is nothing to do with patriotism - I may be a Brit, but I'm not Anglo-Saxon.

And as for the Yanks "kicking the Brits out" - the Yanks then were Brits, so there.

And as for keeping us out - there are 5 million Brits residing in the U.S. at present, many of them Scottish. tongue.gif

Go Goldust it's your brithday, we're gonna party like it's your birthday yay.gifyay.gif

I promise not to do that,

if

you guys promise to pick up the pace flowerred.gif

Amen. (Not that ive ever done that but i might be forced to start if turnaround times keep slowing down)

Leave English alone Hobby

It is not your friend

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is laugh-so-loud-at-the-office-that-your-secretary-gives-you-a-quizzical-look funny! hail.gif

acclaim.gif

893whatthe.gif Dude, you have some serious insomnia!

5 AM, every night. foreheadslap.gif