• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 5 Marvel SA keys

Top 5 Marvel SA keys  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Top 5 Marvel SA keys

71 posts in this topic

ASM 1 didn't add anything.

Come on, Doug! I thought you were a Spider-Man dude!!! J. Jonah Jameson's first appearance means nothing? He's one of the most important people in Spidey's mythos. He's practically Spidey's "Dr. Doom," except that he's goofier and not as shrewd (which fits with the tone of Spidey's title). But he's made more trouble for Spidey with his Spider-Slayers and by creating the Scorpion and the Fly and others, and has appeared in more issues than any other Spidey villain in history.

And then there's the Chameleon's first appearance. True, he's not Spidey's biggest foe ever, but he's a mainstay Spidey villain.

Spidey Spidey Spidey Spidey... As the repetition implies, all of the things you mention are important to Spidey... not the Marvel Universe as a whole.

Not much of a Miller Daredevil reader, are you? poke2.gif

Besides, Spidey Spidey Spidey is the biggest thing in the Marvel Universe. If it's important to Spidey Spidey Spidey, it's important to the Marvel Universe! sumo.gif

screwy.gif

I tend to agree with what Doug is saying but because we are talking about Spider-Man, probably the most popular superhero period, I'd have to include it in the top 5 list. I left it off however because I'm not a huge, huge Spidey fan. I actually do not own a single SA ASM in a slabb.

ummm, I think Superman is a LITTLE more popular. poke2.gif

not to interrupt this lovely confab you two are having or nothin, but exactly who is the greatest non super-powered supporting character in comics?

JJJ is a pretty good start for a list, and Alfred and Lois Lane would have to be on there somewhere too

Rick Jones, any more questions? confused-smiley-013.gif

Rick Jones too smart for Hulk! Makes Hulk mad! sumo.gif

IMO J. Jonah Jameson is the greatest superhero comic book character without any super powers.

Anyone disagree?

poke2.gif

Yes.

Who then?

confused.gif

IMO J. Jonah Jameson is the greatest superhero comic book character without any super powers.

Anyone disagree?

poke2.gif

Yes.

Who then?

confused.gif

JJJ never had his own series, so I'd nominate Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane ahead of him for that alone. I'd also toss out Alfred and Rick Jones. Jones especially. Look at his history- Rick Jones is an INSANE character.

None of them made me laugh my 893censored-thumb.gif off like JJJ!

If that's the most important bar for "greatest" characters, then Guy Gardner, Booster Gold, G'Nort and the Blue Beetle are amongst the greatest comics characters of all time confused-smiley-013.gif

None of them made me laugh my 893censored-thumb.gif off like JJJ!

If that's the most important bar for "greatest" characters, then Guy Gardner, Booster Gold, G'Nort and the Blue Beetle are amongst the greatest comics characters of all time confused-smiley-013.gif

Booster Gold had his own series. gossip.gif I actually liked it!

Dang it! Give it up, Thor fans. Iron Man deserves the #5 spot. mad.gif

Verily, I say nay unto thee! The pageantry! The splendor! The legends of yore! Methinks thine mortal gray matter doest risk the rapacious wrath of the gods! Rememberest not, Norinn, the chronicles of our cataclysmic confrontations?

By Odin's beard, may the Thunder God prevail!