• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #48

7 posts in this topic

hey guys i dont actually own this comic so i cant provide scans but i have some high res pictures. i want to buy this issue, theres two different sellers im looking at and each is in very similar condition and both unrestored and not graded. please compare each comic to each other and let me know which one you think is in better condition! heres the first one im looking at:

1_zpstonejqr6.jpg

2_zps8fclicfi.jpg

3_zpspclsivcs.jpg

it has deep color and some gloss to the cover with a tight spine and edges but is missing a small chunk out of the back cover and has some wrinkles on the front. can you guys tell me what grade you think this is and compare it to this comic: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9617326#Post9617326

i feel that out of the two im looking at this one is slightly better condition but the chunk missing from the back might make it lower grade than the other FF # 48 im comparing it to. is this comic in better condition than the one im comparing it to? whats your grade for this comic? thank you!

The copy with the piece out looks like a 4.0, the other around a 5.0.

thanks for letting me know what you think! do you think this comic is in better shape compared to the other one besides the chunk missing? this one seems to pop way more but that chunk missing might bring its grade below the other. thanks

Personally if it were me! I would save up and wait for a higher grade book. There are plenty of these around, so cherry pick a nice copy for yourself. 2c

thanks oakman but 200 bucks is my limit and both of these are $200. it would be a gift for my dad and he would be floored to get a nice comic like this in this range of condition.

oakman do you feel 200 is a fair price for either of these? also which do you feel is in better condition? thanks!

Personally if it were me! I would save up and wait for a higher grade book. There are plenty of these around, so cherry pick a nice copy for yourself. 2c

thanks oakman but 200 bucks is my limit and both of these are $200. it would be a gift for my dad and he would be floored to get a nice comic like this in this range of condition.

oakman do you feel 200 is a fair price for either of these? also which do you feel is in better condition? thanks!

The one without the piece missing would be my guess.