• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA question

5 posts in this topic

Honestly don't know but prices for the last 5 years should be reflective enough for most books. If a book isn't listed in that time then you have to use your best judgment anyway. If you collect GA I would think you would be challenged for uncommon or rare books as well.

Does GPA reflect data from its inception forward? In other words, does it include data from sales previous to its going live?

You can find more than one reason to ask that question, but my interest is how GPA itself has influenced purchasing and prices.

GPA goes back to 2002 with sales records, I believe. If you're looking for particular CGC serial numbers, those didn't get added until later.

As romanheart mentioned, sales older than a few years are nice to have, but probably meaningless as a "strong indicator" of current price.

Does GPA reflect data from its inception forward? In other words, does it include data from sales previous to its going live?

You can find more than one reason to ask that question, but my interest is how GPA itself has influenced purchasing and prices.

GPA goes back to 2002 with sales records, I believe. If you're looking for particular CGC serial numbers, those didn't get added until later.

As romanheart mentioned, sales older than a few years are nice to have, but probably meaningless as a "strong indicator" of current price.

GPA has been collecting public auctions for many years (a decade, maybe longer?)

Those sales going back to 2002 are archived Heritage Auctions.