• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE RAREST GOLDEN AGE "KEY" BOOK!!

30 posts in this topic

How rare is the October copy of Marvel Comics #1 in relation to some of these other books?

From what I'm able to gather there is no high grade copy at all. Mid grade is as good as it gets.

in what way is it a key? honest question...

The Canadian published Capt America b/w Annual from 1942 is the 1st Timely annual. Probably historically more key than the USA published Marv Mystery b/w Annual from 1944. Both primarily distributed in Canada.

oct dated marvel 1s are indeed much rarer than nov dated....ive seen 3 or 4 of them.even with just the oct issues i dont think they would be as rare as double action or famous funnies series 1...

hey john, i remember you having a famous funnies series 1,do you still have it?

i had a high grade copy in 1999 that i sold, i also saw a lower grade one i think in a all star auction a few years back....between me, you and all star those are the 3 only copies i have ever seen...whats your take on the rarity of famous funnies series 1?

for those who dont know,,it was the 1st modern comic book to ever be sold on a newstand,with a very very small distribution of 35,000....

whats your take on this book john?? I just love the cover

mis-spelling how i make my messages memor i ble

A lot of the threads you start are great topics and turn into excellent discussions, but your spelling makes me want to tear my eyes out of my skull. 27_laughing.gif

flowerred.gif