• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Comics just listed nearly 350 CGC Golden Age comics for sale!

33 posts in this topic

Yes alot of these books are grimhourman's books. The last time he listed these on ebay I bought the Flash #62 in CGC 9.0. I was wondering when he was gonna to list his books again, cause I love to collect high grade golden age DCs. His prices aren't cheap thats for sure! I don't suppose the price includes the buyer's commission that Heritage charges. Erik

I love the Sheldon Moldoff Hawkman cover on Flash Comics #45

Flash Comics #45

If it were priced at $1875.00 instead of $2875.00 I would blow my years entire comic budget on it. Too bad you can't make a lesser offer on these new golden age Heritage listings. frown.gif

Yes alot of these books are grimhourman's books. The last time he listed these on ebay I bought the Flash #62 in CGC 9.0. I was wondering when he was gonna to list his books again, cause I love to collect high grade golden age DCs. His prices aren't cheap thats for sure! I don't suppose the price includes the buyer's commission that Heritage charges. Erik

I'm pretty sure BIN already have the BP factored in.

It's not an auction, so the selling price includes the sellers commission to Heritage.

I'm pretty sure BIN already have the BP factored in.

It's not an auction, so the selling price includes the sellers commission to Heritage.

I also believe the price you see is what you pay.

It also appears that Heritage has reduced their pricing on most if not all of their new BUY IT NOW listings. The few items I have had my eye on were reduced in price by about 15% sometime within the past 24 hours. I noticed they knocked $2k off the Action Comics #4 even.

confused-smiley-013.gif

He got the Flash #16 7.5, #19 5.0, and #33 7.5 from me.

These comics with the grades you mention appear to be among those for sale in the BUY IT NOW comics section on the Heritage Comics Website.

Does it appear the owner will make much of a profit on these after whatever sales commissions are collected by Heritage? If you don't mind my asking, what did you sell these Flash Comics for? What year were they sold? juggle.gif

Seems like there was two different times last year when the market was flooded with GA Flash comics. I take it these are some of the more plentiful DC GA books?

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Flash Comics are definately not plentiful.

Check out the most recent CGC Census numbers for Flash Comics.

Maybe not in the census but I have seen numerous issues for sales, and long runs at that at least a few times in the last couple of years.

Seems like there was two different times last year when the market was flooded with GA Flash comics. I take it these are some of the more plentiful DC GA books?

Flash Comics are definately not plentiful.

Check out the most recent CGC Census numbers for Flash Comics.

Maybe not in the census but I have seen numerous issues for sales, and long runs at that at least a few times in the last couple of years.

From what I have been able to gather from other collectors, there is one high profile collecter of CGC graded Flash Comics who goes by the name of Grimreaper(?) on Ebay. It would seem that he listed the same run of 50-150 Flash comics over and over on Ebay and perhaps even on Comiclink over the past few years at prices higher than the market would bare. It is probable that these are some of the same Flash Comics now being listed for sale on the Heritage website Buy it Now section. I have noticed that very few Flash Comics are available on the Comiclink website at present.

It is my thinking that the majority of CGC certified Flash Comics seen for sale over these past years are the same issues that were being relisted over and over. Relisting the same issues does not make them more numerous in my opinion. I think reviewing the CGC census numbers bares this out. My research tells me that issues of Flash Comics appear even more scarce than More Fun Comics.

foreheadslap.gif

Cornhole, I strongly agree with you! Brian Watson of Barrows Alaska, who went by the Ebay name of Grimstarman listed an impressive array of books including a nice selection of Golden Age Flash comics. I bought the Flash #62 CGC 9.0 when he last listed his books on Ebay in December 2004. I am really impressed with his books but they aren't cheap thats for sure! I also bought a couple of Flash GA from Comgeek when he offered that incredible GA Flash run on his website and then later on Ebay. The Flash run is undervalued in my opinion given that there are two major comic book characters starring in the book! The more investors and speculators that stay away from the Flash comics the better! All they do is drive up the costs of the books in the hopes of making a fast buck at the expensive of collectors like me who have truly loved comic books for many decades!

Cornhole, I strongly agree with you! The Flash run is undervalued in my opinion given that there are two major comic book characters starring in the book! The more investors and speculators that stay away from the Flash comics the better! All they do is drive up the costs of the books in the hopes of making a fast buck at the expensive of collectors like me who have truly loved comic books for many decades!

It would appear we are not the only ones who feel this way about the Flash Comics run. FLASH COMICS #36 CGC 6.5 - 1st App of RAG DOLL just sold for $511.00 on Ebay

Thats about 125% of Overstreet for a mid-grade copy! 893whatthe.gif

Grimhourman has a CGC 9.2 copy of Flash #36 listed on Heritage's website under BIN for $3,000!

I just looked at the CGC Census for Flash Comics #36 and it shows that only 5 unrestored copies have been certified. The 9.2 copy is the highest certified with the 2nd best copy at just 6.5. I like the Rag Doll cover on this one myself. Rag Doll reappeared in a DC 100 pager in the Silver Age Flash title during the 1970s along with the Golden Age Flash.

You wrote this comic belongs to Grimhourman? Is that the same as Grimstarman? Are they the same person? Also do these definately belong to a consignor and not to Heritage Comics. I received a private message that the Buy it Now stuff on Heritage was part of a large Golden Age collection they purchased recently. Is this incoorect? confused-smiley-013.gif