• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soft-Serve's "Getting too Soft" Sales Thread - ALL SOLD AND CLOSED, Thanks all!

152 posts in this topic

:news: :news:

ALL SOLD AND CLOSED, Thanks all!

:news: :news:

SOFT-SERVE'S "GETTIN' TOO SOFT" SALE

IN THIS THREAD: All Golden Age: Planet Comics, Timely GGA/Humor, Jungle, Fight, PCH, Crime...and more!

Why: (I'm selling it)

Gotta fund some recent purchases, so some of my favorite stuff has to go. So I'm happy to listen to offers, but with prices like these, I wouldn't wait too long before pulling the trigger. ;)

How: (you can buy it):

First takeit (icon, words, implied meaning, wink, nudge) posted publicly or privately wins over any PM negotiations that haven't been sealed with "it's a deal". Them's the rules.

Who: (can't buy it)

No Shady characters please. This includes: Hall of Shamers, Probies, Intergalactic Dictators, or Chicago parking police (I'm flexible on that last one...)

When: (when you pay, you get comics)

Shipping is $4 flat for any group of singles up to 7, $1/book thereafter. First class shipping for up to 2 books, Media mail for 3 or more for all others. Priority (extra $5) & insurance optional as well. (about $5/book or bundle) Payment via Paypal only please. Int'l shipping will be actual cost. Returns accepted within 7 days of receipt of book.

Thanks!!!! :

Ghostly Weird Stories #122 VG $250 SOLD

Classic exploding astronaut cover. Glossy and colorful. 4 piece of tape on cover, exterior. They were placed preemptively, but cover is attached by bottom staple only. Centerfold tight. Some chipping back cover edge.

Ghostly%20Weird%20Stories%20%20122%201_zpsgvvbbfv0.jpg

Ghostly%20Weird%20Stories%20%20122%202_zpseuz86tb5.jpg

Terrors of the Jungle #20 VG+ $150 SOLD

Top Cole classic cover! Glossy cover and a flat book. 5" tear rear cover and tape upper spine, loose centerfold. Staples holding but top weakly. Still, amazing color on this beauty! Don't see this one everyday!

Terrors%20of%20the%20Jungle%20020%201_zpswgganyze.jpg

Terrors%20of%20the%20Jungle%20020%202_zpsvnqrecgq.jpg

Green Hornet #40 - FN $55 SOLD

Really nice book here. Flat and lovely with excellent page quality. Only thing worth mentioning art a tiny tear rear cover (upper left corner). Lovely sheen on the cover, almost iridescent when viewed at an angle. This book truly is much better in-hand, trust me.

Harvey%20-%20Green%20Hornet%20040%201_zps5tlexvqg.jpg

Harvey%20-%20Green%20Hornet%20040%202_zpsm3gggntl.jpg

Green Hornet #32 - VG+ $60 SOLD

Great cover, probably my favorite of the series. Staples attached, with a very minor amount of rust. I see just a tiny spot of migration on top staple. Small lower right corner moisture stain interior 1st 5 pages only, barely goes over corner of panel art. Centerfold attached, Really nice art in this one, especially the Blonde Bomber story...

Harvey%20-%20Green%20Hornet%20032%201_zpsfedmsv48.jpg

Harvey%20-%20Green%20Hornet%20032%202_zps75a4wjda.jpg

Planet Comics #37 - VG+ $175 SOLD

Hard to find issue with great color! Would grade a bit higher, but it has some issues. vertical crease on cover, non color breaking, non sub. Single staple book with some tape on interior. Reinforced staple, sealed short upper/lower spine splits, and reattached lower right corner. Interior lower right corners gone, very slightly brittle right edge, pages supple and readable otherwise. Awesome Lily Renee Lost World story, oh and did I mention that color strike? It's electric. This is a solid presenter at a great price. This is not a book you see very often, certainly with this vibrancy. Don't miss out!

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20037%201_zpsfhoouapz.jpg

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20037%202_zpsum6mj80h.jpg

Planet Comics #72 - GD $125

Another hard-to-find Planet. This copy has moderately extensive tape (archival) work sealing/reinforcing a spine tear, edge tears, and staple. Good page quality and excellent gloss on cover. Took ages to get this one too. My favorite Whitman cover FWIW. Presents like a much higher grade.

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20072b%201_zpsz8tjjnkj.jpg

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20072b%202_zpsxagr0bir.jpg

More Planets coming, but first...

I Loved, True Confession Stories #29 - GD/VG $45 SOLD

This is a tough book and would be much higher if not for the rusty staples and migration. Staples attached, but bottom by back cover only, centerfold detach(ing). Still, killer color strike on cover. Look at those reds!

Fox%20-%20I%20Loved%20029%201a_zps0nxjl6bu.jpg

Fox%20-%20I%20Loved%20029%202a_zpshwzlj21w.jpg

Planet Comics #4 - GD+ (apparent) $175 SOLD!!

This is a tough one. Scarce early Planet with killer color and great interior PQ. (supple). however... it is missing the CF, has light color touch on cover and upper and lower spine splits (some sealed). Cover attached by but upper staple only. Still, you won't be able to get another #4 this nice for this price. Find a centerfold and double the value....

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20004a%201_zpsnzq26mkt.jpg

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20004a%202_zpsiaoktjld.jpg

Planet Comics #4 - GD+ (apparent) $175

This is a tough one. Scarce early Planet with killer color and great interior PQ. (supple). however... it is missing the CF, has light color touch on cover and upper and lower spine splits (some sealed). Cover attached by but upper staple only. Still, you won't be able to get another #4 this nice for this price. Find a centerfold and double the value....

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20004a%201_zpsnzq26mkt.jpg

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20004a%202_zpsiaoktjld.jpg

Damn... :takeit:

Planet Comics #22 - GD+ $200

Another great early Planet, Last R.I.V.E.T cover and one of the best designs of the early run by Zolnerwich! Cover attached and nothing missing, but does have a fair amount of archival tape repair (all interior) in the form of spine and tear seals, staple and CF reinforcement. Hole spine (rear) and centerfold edges are a big rough, but does not affect art. Still a solid, great presenting, supple, and highly readable book with great colors (inside and out). There is not a cheaper #22 on the planet right now. (pun intended). These books are getting hot, especially this one.

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20022%201_zpsdxb1w5pk.jpg

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20022%202_zps1e9xnryf.jpg

Here's a tough one...

Fight Comics #39 - GD? - $150 WITHDRAWN

Classic GGA headlights/smoking gun cover. Great presenting copy of this tough-to-find issue (Senorita Rio!!) You'll want to leave this one in the Mylar though..... Brittle with all pages loose. It is complete though, so there's that. Still, look at that cover - nice bright saturated colors for a usually dull faded issue.

Fiction%20House%20-%20Fight%20Comics%20039%201_zpsascbcjix.jpg

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20022%202_zpsoqkqn8nl.jpg

Here's a few more L.B. Coles...

Living Bible #2 VG+ $50

Really nice copy with a lovely sheen to cover. Two piece of old tape exterior (seemingly preemptive). 1" spine split bottom. Solid staples and centerfold. One of the better copies of this classic cover I've seen.

Living%20Bible%20002%201_zps3nwtuc6v.jpg

Living%20Bible%20002%202_zps1hrecvz4.jpg