• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern #1 (1960) - What grade?

27 posts in this topic

how can you guys submit a grade not seeing the B.C. Might be half of it missing, stains, tears, or someone blew there nose in it. (shrug)

Thought about that but at a 2.0 it doesn't really matter

no it does matter if he's thinking about buying a book that he may not be happy with instead of saving his money and picking up a better copy.

how can you guys submit a grade not seeing the B.C. Might be half of it missing, stains, tears, or someone blew there nose in it. (shrug)

Thought about that but at a 2.0 it doesn't really matter

no it does matter if he's thinking about buying a book that he may not be happy with instead of saving his money and picking up a better copy.

I think a 2.0 implies just that...

(shrug)

where is the back cover scan

I've attached a pic of the back cover and inside cover pages (both front & back). I'm on the fence about making this buy and hopefully with these pictures I can get a better estimate of grade range. Again, I really appreciate any help.

166057.jpg.566361cb72d09a510624126f539b0086.jpg

166058.jpg.e9d12b90f531d6cabded99def17a844b.jpg

166059.jpg.1fe05966ef5f4a5ab1701bad010856cf.jpg

166060.jpg.4f6637f3a2afdb486ea88123d98fec36.jpg

Is the cover attached at the bottom staple?

Yes, cover is attached on both staples.

Have you held the book in hand or are you relying only on these less than perfect photos? hm

The reason I ask, is that the tangible qualities (both good and bad) of low grade books are better judged in hand than in small photos. ;)

On the other hand, the general rule of thumb is when you're truly given a "unique" opportunity to buy an early SA key is: Buy It! :sumo:

(They ain't makin' them any more.) lol

Agreed, and the back cover is better than I was expecting it to be. Can't see it too well but the back cover doesn't seem to be any missing pieces or anything. Make sure you ask if the book is complete etc. From what I can see, even a press may give you a bump or two. Get the book laying flat, eliminate some of the spine roll and page splay and maybe end up with a 3.0 / 3.5.

I disagree totally about putting that book in a press. Pressing is not the answer to end all. This book already has a weak spine and lower staple. The spine has lots of stress on it and has paper loss and flaking on the edges.

Send a P.M. to Joey if you want an expert to look at it, but I would put it in a mylite and enjoy it.

I disagree totally about putting that book in a press. Pressing is not the answer to end all. This book already has a weak spine and lower staple. The spine has lots of stress on it and has paper loss and flaking on the edges.

Send a P.M. to Joey if you want an expert to look at it, but I would put it in a mylite and enjoy it.

Good advice. If there are iffy candidates for pressing I just shoot Joey G (OP... His handle is joeypost) an email... Usually he says he needs to see it in person but either way its protected...