• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern #1 (1960) - What grade?

27 posts in this topic

I disagree totally about putting that book in a press. Pressing is not the answer to end all. This book already has a weak spine and lower staple. The spine has lots of stress on it and has paper loss and flaking on the edges.

Send a P.M. to Joey if you want an expert to look at it, but I would put it in a mylite and enjoy it.

(thumbs u But then again, we're always on the same side. :hi:

I disagree totally about putting that book in a press. Pressing is not the answer to end all. This book already has a weak spine and lower staple. The spine has lots of stress on it and has paper loss and flaking on the edges.

Send a P.M. to Joey if you want an expert to look at it, but I would put it in a mylite and enjoy it.

(thumbs u But then again, we're always on the same side. :hi:

common sense takes me over once in bit. a press is not the answer for just any book, especially low grade books with these defects. why risk damaging the book any more for what, a .5 grade bump. (thumbs u

From what I can see, even a press may give you a bump or two. Get the book laying flat, eliminate some of the spine roll and page splay and maybe end up with a 3.0 / 3.5.

Or maybe end up with a popped staple or detached cover. The apex on this book is barely there. I would not risk applying pressure to it, especially using heat or humidity. Sorry but I am in the camp that says pressing this book is ill advised.