• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GGA, Romance, Teen, WW etc..

30 posts in this topic

Asking Price on this Timely is $175.00 :luhv:

LANA # 7 :hi:

(MARVEL TIMELY 1949)

Condition: VG+

Supple WHITE interior pages

Seller's Grading Notes: Bottom staple has a hint of rust. Very light penciling of a date on cover. Tight and solid including centerfold, which CF should be handled with a bit more care as the staples look to just be holding on there. Evenly distributed wear with tight creases on both covers. Back cover has a small stain, which also shows on corresponding interior side. Due to manufacturing (bottom staple placement) the comic opens as shown in photo. This fairly thick comic has great GGA reading including Nellie the Nurse and Millie the Model.

This comic is complete with no restoration of any kind.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Asking Price $775.00 :luhv:

Detective Comics # 233 (DC 1956)

Condition: CGC 3.0 Good/Very Good :foryou:

Page Quality: Off-White Pages

Type of Holder: Purple label Restored. Slight (C-1) Restoration includes: piece reattached.

Case notes: Origin & 1st Appearance of Batwoman (Kathy Kane)

Of note: below are the grader's notes from CGC. I am safely assuming that it is only because of the type of tape used that this got a purple label instead of blue.

Piece reattachment (Non-archival material) Bottom Front Cover C-1

light color lift cover

multiple crease full bottom ofbreaks color

multiple crease left bottom of back cover

multiple crease left center of back cover breaks color

spine stress lines

tear bottom of front cover

Seller's Comments: The restoration is only a piece on the bottom of the front cover that was reattached with tape. I submitted this book to CGC myself and took 2 photos of this book raw prior to submission to show the piece up close. The tape is on the interior side of the front cover only.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Asking Price on this classic Baker cover is $300.00 :foryou:

ATOMIC COMICS # 4 (1946 Green Publishing Co.)

Matt Baker cover. This would be the last issue of the series. Baker also contributed story art.

Condition: Good/Very Good with fairly supple cream to off-white page <3

Seller's Grading Comments: Solid book with little multiple tape repairs over splits on the spine visible on both interior covers and the back cover and also some tape was used to reinforce some interior pages. Staples remain tight. Some interior pages have tears, rips and little chips.

This is a 100% complete and unrestored but with tape repairs as noted above.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Asking Price $300.00 :blush:

ALL TRUE ROMANCE # 23 ".... I WAS THAT WOMAN!" :boo:

AJAX 1955 (a Farrell Publication)

GRADE: FINE PLUS

Supple Off-White to White interior pages

Seller's Comments: Glossy, supple, solid with 2 tight staples inside and out. Minor overall wear on the front cover with a higher grade back cover that has 2 very small seamless tears on the top edge. The bottom right FC corner has a long crease plus corner wear and tear (the tiny tip seems ready to come off). The interior sides of both covers are off-colored (possibly foxing).

This comic is 100% complete with no restoration.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

how awesome would it be to dive into that photo and go shopping...

All those GA books hanging are just $1 total, 10 cent X 10...

SIGH!

With the 3D goggle tech out today I would love to have a program called time machine

where that type of nostalgic fantasy would be possible.

It would take a lot of work, but how cool would that be.

:cloud9:

As opposed to me just looking at it like.. no.. don't clothespin those comics to the line.. take better care of them... that's a sure fire recipe for dinged corners and creasing.

GLWTS

some great books here and in that photo...