• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valiant's DOCTOR MIRAGE on The CW (TBD)
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Valiant's Dr. Mirage TV Series Headed To The CW

34042-5070-38015-1-second-life-of-docto.jpg

According to Deadline, the CW has ordered a pilot for a television adaptation of Valiant Comics’ Dr. Mirage.

If picked up, Dr. Mirage will be the seventh comic book-inspired television series to find a home at the CW.

This will Valiant Entertainment's first attempt at television, thought hey have their own web-based series, Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe, already in the works.

It is also the first television project for DMG Entertainment, the behind company behind Iron Man 3, Looper, and Point Break.

The Dr. Mirage pilot will be written by Annabelle screenwriter Gary Dauberman. He will also executive produce alongside DMG Entertainment’s Chris Fenton and Chris Cowles, with CBS Studios producing the pilot.

:whee:

I know, but I had a nice stack of Dr. Mirage #1s and if they are still in hand then I will get more than $0.10 for them now. lol

I only have a couple of Shadowman #1s, 8s and 16s left. :sorry:

Edited by kimik

The CW could actually start to ramp up a Comic Book/Superhero channel.

Active

- Arrow

- Doctor Mirage

- Flash

- iZombie

- Legends of Tomorrow

- Supergirl

- Vixen

Pending

- Doctor Mirage

- Freedom Fighters: The Ray (CW Seed)

Syndication

- Birds of Prey (CW Seed)

- Constantine (CW Seed)

- Smallville

Amazing!

This could work.

Don't get me wrong -- it could also be really really bad -- like NIght Man-bad. But it could also work...

Pity - I don't think I ever bought more than two copies of Shadowman 16. And my signed Gold Dr. Mirage 1 pre-dates CGC...

So the current Valiant Dr. Mirage which this show is going to be based off of is completely different than the 90's Dr. Mirage character?

Correct, but it is based off of the same concept obviously. The Wife is the lead of the book.

Right, both the original concept for Dr. Mirage and the current concept for Dr. Mirage have the husband as a "ghost" and the wife working to get him back to reality.

The current version spends more time from the wife's point of view. The husband and wife are both doctors so they're technically both "Dr. Mirage".

DMG Entertainment Purchases Valiant Comics; Live-Action DOCTOR MIRAGE Series In Development At The CW

157427.jpg

DMG Entertainment (a film company best known around these parts for brokering a deal with Marvel Studios on Iron Man 3 to increase its presence in China), is seeking to develop a superhero universe all its own. The company has purchased Valiant Comics, a publisher with a number of comic book adaptation already in development including Archer & Armstrong, Bloodshot, Harbinger and Ninjak.

In recent years, DMG had purchased upwards of 57% of Valiant but they apparently see room for expansion as they've now acquired 100% of the company.

In addition, it's been revealed that a live-action adaptation of Doctor Mirage is in development at The CW.

Doctor Mirage talks to the dead…but the only spirit Shan Fong can’t find is that of her late husband, Hwen. Instead, America’s favorite semi-retired paranormal investigator is haunted and raw, using her gift to solve homicides and bring peace to the recently bereaved. But when a big-time occultist with a classified military past hires her for a special job, Shan discovers a lead that might close the greatest mystery she’s ever tackled – how to get Hwen back. Now, Doctor Mirage must enter the undiscovered country and cross all the realms of the underworld, if she has any hope of rescuing the man she loves…or be forever lost beyond the earthly plane.

‘Dr. Mirage’ Drama Based On Comic In Works At the CW With ‘Reign’ Co-Creator

The CW is taking a new stab at developing Dr. Mirage, a drama series adaptation of the Valiant graphic novel, with Reign co-creator Laurie McCarthy, DMG Entertainment (Iron Man 3, Looper, Point Break) and CBS Television Studios.

The project was previously in development at the CW during the 2016-17 season with Annabelle scribe Gary Dauberman writing and DMG Entertainment and CBS Studios producing. It is now being redeveloped, with McCarthy writing the adaptation based on Dauberman’s initial -script.

McCarthy executive produces with Dan Mintz, founder and CEO of DMG Entertainment and DMG’s Chris Cowles. CBS TV Studios is the studio.