• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
8 8

945 posts in this topic

On 7/23/2024 at 7:51 PM, paperheart said:

so, it sucks and will make a billion

image.png.6c73a3f4f459c2a6e022908db63c5e3f.png

Are we assuming Metacritic contributors ever rejoiced over Deadpool movies?

Screenshot_20240724-0603052.png.e5e4872dcc45120389b86337db203d8f.png

Screenshot_20240724-0603512.png.c8df10b0d8edbf9a82bbefdc50872daa.png

On 7/24/2024 at 12:14 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Yesterday, claims were made that it’s so brilliant that it’s going to be the saviour of Marvel films, and marks the return of the universe to the must-see experience that it used to be up until Endgame.

Confusing.

Whoever thinks this movie will save the MCU is overly optimistic.  It will take several big hits in order to do that (not just one movie).  If Deadpool/Wolverine is a success it will be a nice first step in turning things around.

For me personally, I'm just looking for a good time at the movies and that popcorn bucket.

***MCU announcements this week at Comic Con will decided the future as much as this movie

On 7/24/2024 at 5:46 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Whoever thinks this movie will save the MCU is overly optimistic.  It will take several big hits in order to do that (not just one movie).  If Deadpool/Wolverine is a success it will be a nice first step in turning things around.

For me personally, I'm just looking for a good time at the movies and that popcorn bucket.

***MCU announcements this week at Comic Con will decided the future as much as this movie

Yup.

Rather than get manically carried away, I prefer to go in cautiously, and then be pleasantly surprised.

On 7/24/2024 at 7:09 PM, drotto said:

Fingers cross and trying to remember that recent history shows critics and fans rarely line up these days.

The critical reviews are in almost a dead heat with the other two Deadpool films.  If you liked those it seems pretty safe to assume you'll like this one as well.

Been waiting years for Wolverine to be in a cheeky bromance with simpy Deadpool. All those decades of being left wanting more are about to payout. High kicks, sequins, maracas, & cryin' Wolverine was never enough. Now we get love. :luhv:

Thank you, Disney!

On 7/22/2024 at 9:02 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

FB_IMG_1721655232259.jpg

Of course Disney would target HULK's toxic masculinity yet again. Look at that target. Ruffalo's professor Hulk wasn't enough. Now we have a threeway.

Thank you, Disney!

On 7/25/2024 at 6:27 AM, TupennyConan said:

Of course Disney would target HULK's toxic masculinity yet again. Look at that target. Ruffalo's professor Hulk wasn't enough. Now we have a threeway.

Thank you, Disney!

Hulk smash? 

On 7/25/2024 at 10:06 AM, drotto said:

Loved the first, liked the second.

the parachuting x-force scene is one of the funniest things i've ever seen.   i was crying.

The first two are highly rewatchable, which I’ll point out despite my cynicism about the ecstatic advance reviews of the new one.

As a huge Juggernaut fan I've re-watched all of his scenes many, many times, particularly the one where he rips Deadpool in half and the one where he fights Colossus.  I loved Juggernaut/Colossus fights in the comics--particularly the one in issue 183 where Wolverine instigates the fight to punish Colossus for dumping Kitty Pride--so that part of the second film is like a dream come true.  :cloud9:

clean.jpg

image-2.jpg