• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A NEW Age? (after Modern era)

65 posts in this topic

1990s

2000s

2010s

Those are the names. Everything else is just verbal mastication.

Those are not "the names". The measurement of time is another construct of the human mind as our attempt to organize the world around us. It is not concrete and is no more valid than the other suggestions put forth. :sumo:

Scenario:

I collect comics from the Scandium Age

What does that mean?

It means books from year X to year Y

Why didn't you just say that in the first place?

So... "Comics from the 1990s" is always a better name than any cheap metal plus the word "age" ever could be... because the explanation was always going to be time based.

But by all means, keep masticating as hard as you can... you might win a prize.

Can I get you on-board if we go with Valiant Age for 1992-2000? :foryou:

Nope. :foryou:

We don't need to blame Valiant for 1992-2000 when it was a company from 1991-1996 and didn't publish nearly as many books as the Funeral and Return of Superman, Knightfall, and Image Liefeld (and Liefeld-Clone) books all by themselves.

1990s

2000s

2010s

Those are the names. Everything else is just verbal mastication.

Those are not "the names". The measurement of time is another construct of the human mind as our attempt to organize the world around us. It is not concrete and is no more valid than the other suggestions put forth. :sumo:

Scenario:

I collect comics from the Scandium Age

What does that mean?

It means books from year X to year Y

Why didn't you just say that in the first place?

So... "Comics from the 1990s" is always a better name than any cheap metal plus the word "age" ever could be... because the explanation was always going to be time based.

But by all means, keep masticating as hard as you can... you might win a prize.

Can I get you on-board if we go with Valiant Age for 1992-2000? :foryou:

Nope. :foryou:

We don't need to blame Valiant for 1992-2000 when it was a company from 1991-1996 and didn't publish nearly as many books as the Funeral and Return of Superman, Knightfall, and Image Liefeld (and Liefeld-Clone) books all by themselves.

May as well go with the Jim Shooter Age lol