• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gene's New "For Sale" Gallery on CAF!
2 2

37 posts in this topic

A local meetup, nice. Best part is no shipping - the "firm" items will be "in hand".

:yeahok:

The Boris Vallejo "Enchantment" cover is now ON HOLD. Still taking back-up offers at this time, though.

The Jose Gonzalez Vampirella Pin-Up (2002) is now ON HOLD. I am still taking indications of interest on this piece, though, as my buyer's offer is contingent on a deal of his going through first.

The Jose Gonzalez Vampirella Pin-Up (2002) is now SALE PENDING as the deal was finalized today. Thanks to everyone who expressed interest and submitted offers for this piece!

One new piece of art for sale:  a Neal Adams Vampirella pin-up/commission from 2001!  This was only the 2nd piece of OA that I ever bought, way back in late 2002.  Neal recreated this image for a 2015 convention sketchbook, but this is the original version from 2001 (there are enough differences between the pieces that you can easily tell which is which).  It's framed to 16 x 17".  I'm trying to sell this one now as I'll be in California next week (where the art has been for more than a decade) and will thus be able to ship the art while I'm out there to whoever the  new owner may be.

I'm asking $3,000 or best offer on this beauty.  Being that Neal does not part with his art cheaply, that is actually a very modest mark-up from my art+framing costs from 14+ years ago.  Further details, including multiple larger images, can be found at my CAF listing:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=178048

Framed.JPG

Edited by delekkerste

:bump:

Just listed some more pieces for sale and reduced prices on some of the older pieces that didn't move the last time around.  If anything strikes your fancy, PLEASE MAKE ME AN OFFER!  I experienced incredible sell-through from my last batch of art for sale, and many of those were negotiated deals.  

Some of the new pieces include:

- a Jack Kirby Machine Man page

- the first-ever Wally Wood Sally Forth strip 

- an Alan Davis Mutant Massacre storyline page from Uncanny X-Men #213

- a great vintage Red Sonja page by Sal Buscema

- a Jose Gonzalez Vampirella complete story and rare frontispiece

- a stunning fine art painting by famed Vampirella artist Enric Torres

- the complete story to one of Warren Publishing's most all-time beloved classics by Esteban Maroto

- a great Gene Day Master of Kung Fu page

- a very affordable Paul Gulacy Valkyrie page

- the cover pencils to a Strikeforce: Morituri issue by Brent Anderson

- the original artwork to a T&C Surf Designs t-shirt & sticker set by Steve Nazar

You can find everything here:

Gene's Art For Sale Gallery

Thanks for looking!

- Gene

UPDATE:

The Esteban Maroto classic Warren "A Most Private Terror" complete story has been sold.

The Jose Ortiz Vampirella #35 splash has been sold.

The Paul Smith Uncanny X-Men #168 1st Madelyne Pryor page is now SALE PENDING.

Some of the prices on the remaining For Sale items have been reduced.  And, in any case, I am willing to entertain offers, so please contact me if there is anything of interest. (thumbsu

On 2/9/2017 at 3:28 PM, delekkerste said:

Price lowered on the Neal Adams Vampi piece from 2001 shown above from $3,000 to $2,500.  As noted before, the piece is stored out in California, so, if a deal can be finalized in the next few days, I can hand-deliver it to the buyer at the San Diego Comic-Con this week, if so desired (shipping is also possible).

Link to sale listing on ComicArtFans.com

Just listed some more art for sale on CAF, by Zeck, Mignola, Anderson, Schultz, Vargas and McGinnis!

Also, a slight price reduction on the Starlin Master of Kung Fu #54 cover - I can't believe this one hasn't sold, though maybe it got lost in the shuffle when I posted it during the SDCC timeframe. 

I am open to offers on any pieces not marked "FIRM"!  Let's make a deal!  

Happy to do deals in-person at the upcoming New York Comic-Con in October!

Gene's For Sale Gallery on CAF 

Edited by delekkerste

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:49 PM, delekkerste said:

Just listed some more art for sale on CAF, by Zeck, Mignola, Anderson, Schultz, Vargas and McGinnis!

Also, a slight price reduction on the Starlin Master of Kung Fu #54 cover - I can't believe this one hasn't sold, though maybe it got lost in the shuffle when I posted it during the SDCC timeframe. 

I am open to offers on any pieces not marked "FIRM"!  Let's make a deal!  

Happy to do deals in-person at the upcoming New York Comic-Con in October!

Gene's For Sale Gallery on CAF 

Nice additions Gene - especially love the Vargas, Mignola, and of course the Zeck!

Lots going on since my last update:

1.  First, I'm pleased to report that the vast majority of the dozens of pieces that I have listed/shown over the past year or two (both here, on CAF, and/or in person at shows) have been sold! :banana:  

2.  That said, I may be buying some real estate in the very near future, so, expect more listings in the coming days/weeks. hm 

3.  In addition to what is/will be listed, I'm probably going to be more amenable to listening to offers on *some* of the things that I might not have been willing to part with in the past in an effort to recoup some cash.  Let me make clear: I have all the cash in hand I need for the real estate purchase.  As such, this is an opportunity to potentially pry loose some choice pieces at the high end or above FMV that ordinarily would not be available at all.  Not going to list what is and isn't going to be available - just saying that some pieces not officially listed for sale might be available for a strong offer to serious parties.  Alas, most pieces will still be NFS.  But, it might not hurt to ask. :) 

The first of the offerings will be listed below shortly in a separate post...

Edited by delekkerste

5 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Lots going on since my last update:

1.  First, I'm pleased to report that the vast majority of the dozens of pieces that I have listed/shown over the past year or two (both here, on CAF, and/or in person at shows) have been sold! :banana:  

2.  That said, I may be buying some real estate in the very near future, so, expect more listings in the coming days/weeks. hm 

3.  In addition to what is/will be listed, I'm probably going to be more amenable to listening to offers on *some* of the things that I might not have been willing to part with in the past in an effort to recoup some cash.  Let me make clear: I have all the cash in hand I need for the real estate purchase.  As such, this is an opportunity to potentially pry loose some choice pieces at the high end or above FMV that ordinarily would not be available at all.  Not going to list what is and isn't going to be available - just saying that some pieces not officially listed for sale might be available for a strong offer to serious parties.    

The first of the offerings will be listed below shortly in a separate post...

Time to settle down on the Park Family Ranch..... Gekko Ranch has a nice ring to it.

Here's the first of what I'm offering:  a group of Mike Allred X-Statix covers/pin-ups from the epic Avengers vs. X-Statix storyline in 2004!  And before anyone asks, yes, I know there is a Boardie looking for Allred X-S covers, but, I am only looking to sell these as a group and that didn't work for him.  But, no worries!

Anyway, to me, Milligan & Allred's X-Statix was a key part of the Marvel creative renaissance in the early-to-mid 2000s (along with Bendis on USM and DD, Brubaker on Cap, Bruce Jones on Hulk, JMS on ASM until he c**ked it up, etc.)  It was ahead of its time - edgy, subversive, meta.  I think the franchise is bound to end up on TV, streaming or film at some point.  

The pieces are:

X-Statix #22 Cover (Captain America vs. The Anarchist)
X-Statix #23 Cover (Hawkeye vs. Vivisector - includes the cover prelim on a separate 11 x 17" board as well)
X-Statix #25 Cover (Thor vs. Doop!)
Avengers vs. X-Statix Omnibus Jam Piece Pin-Up (surely this had to have been an unused cover, poster or ad, but, in any case, as per a recent thread on the Boards, it seems to have only been published as a pin-up in the X-Statix Omnibus.  But, it is spectacular!)

Pics of all are below (apologies for a couple of them being slightly cut off; larger scans can be made available to seriously interested parties).

As I mentioned, I am looking to sell these only in the following combinations, as I don't want to have the #25 cover (the Doop tax being the X-Statix equivalent of the Wolverine tax) and/or the awesome Omnibus piece cherry-picked from the group:

#22 cover + #23 cover + #23 cover prelim = $4,150
#22 cover + #23 cover + #23 cover prelim + #25 cover = $6,650
#22 cover + #23 cover + #23 cover prelim + Omnibus Jam Piece = $7,650
#22 cover + #23 cover + #23 cover prelim + #25 cover + Omnibus Jam Piece = $10,150

In-person pick-up can be arranged in NYC, for which a $150 discount will be applied to the above prices.  Otherwise, prices are firm and include US shipping to the lower 48 states (shipping anywhere else will be extra) so as to facilitate a quick sale.  These are true, no-haggle, bottom-line prices very close to my cost basis - no other discounts will be entertained.  No friend discount.  No yellow discount. No anything discount. Priced to move!!

First.thumb.jpg.22f226a145e5956063996c19e322bbe7.jpgSecond.thumb.jpg.2186d11602de37801e888f46ba620dd2.jpg

On 11/8/2018 at 10:56 AM, delekkerste said:

My real estate offer was accepted last night. :banana: 

That said, I haven't had time to make any further for sale posts as I have had a lot of offers and inquiries since word got out that I was potentially looking to raise cash.  A number of big deals are either done, near done or are in serious play right now.  If you have interest in anything - either things you know I have or think I might have (only 30% of my collection is on CAF) - please reach out and let me know. 

I hope to getting around to listing some more things publicly as well...stay tuned!

First, thank you to everyone who has inquired about pieces.  I have already sold four large pieces that have made a meaningful (6-figure) dent in the purchase price of the property I'm buying.  And, hopefully some of the other proposed deals that are still being discussed get over the finish line soon as well.  Bottom line:  people who are making inquiries and subsequent strong cash offers are walking away with great pieces.  

Second, I've updated my For Sale Gallery on CAF with a number of pieces that I've decided to make available.  

Third:  I have no more Frank Miller art for sale (he being the most-inquired about artist).  Two AWESOME Miller Daredevil pages sold to collectors who recognized the opportunity to buy pages of a caliber that have not been available publicly in many years and did not balk at paying up for them.  Unfortunately, my remaining Miller pages are not for sale.  Also, nor do I have any McFarlane or Mignola art for sale (those being the other most inquired about artists).

Edited by delekkerste

My next big piece up for sale is this simply gorgeous, mesmerizing piece (see below), dripping with intricate detail and highlighting everything that makes us love the art of Barry Windsor-Smith. Looking at it recalls the romance and bravado of four artists (Smith, Jones, Kaluta and Wrightson) forming The Studio and working on these wonderful, sometimes anachronistic works of art in the 1970s and capturing the imagination of fans both then and now. It really was a fantastic period for comic and fantasy artwork; it's difficult to imagine someone like BWS coming along and creating Pre-Raphaelite influenced fantasy art like this today.

Anyway, this masterpiece is entitled Young Knight in the Garden of a Sphinx, and was executed between 1976 and 1978. The backstory on this piece is that BWS originally intended it to be a four-foot long painting depicting the woman and knight at various stages of their lives lived in utter contrast to one another (good vs. evil/depravity). Alas, it proved to be a piece where his vision exceeded his technical ability, and so he ended up chopping off all the art to the left of this end scene. 

The piece measures 19.5 x 20.5" on artist board and was executed in pen and ink, watercolor and gouache. This art was used for the cover of Windsor-Smith's second monograph volume OPUS 2, published in 2000.

This piece is for someone who appreciates ars gratia artis (art for art's sake) as obviously there are no spandex-clad characters on it. It is really an incredibly moving piece that I hate to part with, but, between my wife not being a fan of this style of art and our buying another property, I am presently selling a number of pieces to raise funds that I would ordinarily not have considered. Serious inquiries are welcomed; I am willing to sell this very reasonably for what it is and relative to my cost basis. If you are interested, please let me know via PM or send me a message through CAF.  

1776350108_BarrySmithYoungKnightintheGardenofaSphinx.thumb.jpg.f07482a4cf1442f47581fbbc3b1dcdf6.jpg

2070993921_BWSOpus2.jpg.3e6fb570abaa06e32119f69ad9542924.jpg