• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel's SLINGSHOT digital ABC series (12/13/16)

12 posts in this topic

Marvel Announces New Digital TV Series

zQ54CDS.png

The digital series will follow Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez (played by Natalia Cordova-Buckley), who says of her role "There's a lot of me in Yo-Yo and a lot of Yo-Yo in me." The web series is actually a prequel to the start of season 4, showing how she comes to terms with her powers and giving it a bit of insight into the character's past.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot takes place shortly before the beginning of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4. The digital series features Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez, an Inhuman with the ability to move at super-speed. As a person with powers, she must sign the Sokovia Accords. However, the restrictions of the Accords are in direct conflict with a personal mission she's desperate to fulfill, one that will test her abilities and will include tense encounters with S.H.I.E.L.D. team members.

Slingshot launches on December 13, which is also when Marvel's Agents of SHIELD returns to ABC. You can find out more about the mid-season finale here.

Whatevs...it's got to be _really_ good to best Battlestar Galactica's season 2.5 webisodes.

What made it must-see viewing was the lasting consequences -- specifically, that Col. Tigh lost an eye. If you skipped them, you tuned in Season 3 a bit lost.

Joe Quesada To Direct Agents Of SHIELD Spin-Off

joequesadamarvelagentsofshield-217806-640x320.jpg

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD is currently on midseason break, but fans can still visit the Marvel Cinematic Universe via the digital miniseries Marvel's Agents of SHIELD: Slingshot. The series focuses on Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez of Quake's Secret Warriors, whose codename in the Marvel Comics Universe is Slingshot.

ABC recently revealed that the digital series will mark the directorial debut of a talent familiar to many Marvel Comics fans, Joe Quesada.

“Joe Quesada is one of the legendary, Shaolin ninja-priests of Marvel,” joked Agents of SHIELD star Clark Gregg. In actuality, Quesada is Marvel Entertainment’s chief creative officer and a former editor-in-chief of Marvel Comics. “We’ve been friends for a long time and it's really a treat to get him to be out here and to get to work with him the first time he directs something.”