• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN 9 (1965 - 1st Avengers meeting)

8 posts in this topic

Greetings. Normally I am conservative and would just take grade down when I am on the fence.

Note:

This was sold to me as a solid FN+

I am currently attempting to sell this here as a FN-/FN

Overall the book is solid and presents more like FN/VF range.

Three noteworthy flaws all on right side front cover. Two chips and a tiny tear near Jean's knee/leg.

Because it is not exactly a cheaper comic looking for input in terms of what you would either grade/sell it for or vice versa as a buyer. Thanks.

5OeoAL3.jpg

I would think a 5.0 or a 5.5 because of the tears, chips, spine and tanning. Maybe $60 to $75 is what I would pay. There are some comparable copies in that range on eBay. Cool book!

Thanks for your post. Yes I absolutely utilize ebay. I looked only at sold auctions. A slabbed 5.0 just sold for under $130 while on the raw side a VG+ from a comic powerseller fetched $91 (bidding style) in late November.

Maybe the way to go is auction bidding style. Will see what happens.

I went back and looked further in the sold books and I think you're right. I think it would break $100 in a no reserve bid auction. Early issue raw X-Men usually get a lot of attention. You get the right two people and who knows where it will go.

After our exchange, I just dropped my price to $120 shipped. Great avatar by the way! Enjoy because the years somehow manage to fly by and sooner than later that little person will be looking to borrow your car keys.

Sup man,

I think the price you have on it is good as is.

Back before I knew to look up GPA, I would only use sold ebay to figure out values. I ended up finding higher prices where people way over-paid, and mistakenly used those as reference. I ended up paying $150 for this book in a CGC 5.0, granted it looked like an 8.0 to me so it was worth a bit more. Later learned the price of a 6.5 was only 10-15% more so that may be why it is a difficult sell.

I think the GPA when I looked it up was roughly $150ish so I didn't overpay as much as I thought I did.

I can add a picture later if you'd like to compare, but this is the only one I can find online since the listing has since expired.

http://www.comicsvalue.com/The-XMen-9-Jan-1965-Marvel-CGC-501ST-LUCIFER-EARLY-AVENGERS-APPEARANCE/282073265239.html

Sup man,

I think the price you have on it is good as is.

Back before I knew to look up GPA, I would only use sold ebay to figure out values. I ended up finding higher prices where people way over-paid, and mistakenly used those as reference. I ended up paying $150 for this book in a CGC 5.0, granted it looked like an 8.0 to me so it was worth a bit more. Later learned the price of a 6.5 was only 10-15% more so that may be why it is a difficult sell.

I think the GPA when I looked it up was roughly $150ish so I didn't overpay as much as I thought I did.

I can add a picture later if you'd like to compare, but this is the only one I can find online since the listing has since expired.

http://www.comicsvalue.com/The-XMen-9-Jan-1965-Marvel-CGC-501ST-LUCIFER-EARLY-AVENGERS-APPEARANCE/282073265239.html

Great to hear from you buddy (thumbs u Hope your 2016 is winding down nicely for you. Thanks for your input on this thread.

I definitely overpaid for this book but that is solely my problem. I think to some extent liquidity plays a role here because there is definitely an inventory of these books out there in mid grade. Its just a matter of the stars and moon aligning with the right buyer.

I went back and looked further in the sold books and I think you're right. I think it would break $100 in a no reserve bid auction. Early issue raw X-Men usually get a lot of attention. You get the right two people and who knows where it will go.

After our exchange, I just dropped my price to $120 shipped. Great avatar by the way! Enjoy because the years somehow manage to fly by and sooner than later that little person will be looking to borrow your car keys.

Thanks! I know what you mean (not car keys yet), the pic is of my 1.5 yr son old and I have aother 4 year old son as well and it seems a year goes by in a blink of an eye. When its their turn to drive I'm going to buy them BigFoot and install a chainsaw for the engine! Thats a great price on that book. When I first looked at it I thought the chipping was tear out so I was too low. It should sell quickly!