• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weightlifting Comic superheroes?

34 posts in this topic

captain-america-bench-press.JPG

It's crazy that humans can actually do close to what Cap is doing there, at least for one rep.

Are you assuming 1100 is the weight of the whole thing? I assumed it was just one side, putting the whole weight at 2200 plus the weight of the bar, which I think might need to weigh more than 45 lbs.

So I don't think we've quite caught up to Cap yet.

It's crazy that humans can actually do close to what Cap is doing there, at least for one rep.

Are you assuming 1100 is the weight of the whole thing? I assumed it was just one side, putting the whole weight at 2200 plus the weight of the bar, which I think might need to weigh more than 45 lbs.

No spotters. So they're both going easy.

So I don't think we've quite caught up to Cap yet.

I am assuming it is the total weight. If it's only one side, then yeah, we have a ways to go.

I didn't know that Matt Murdock's middle name is Dennis, and that he reverted to a version of his original costume for a while.

Wondering if anyone knows what comics are out there that would have our comic superheroes Weightlifting, dumbell barbell, weights ect. On the cover? Anyone?

Kind of in topic for this thread. Ever know comic book fans who just collected Hulk and Conan The Barbarian comic books?

I knew a few weightlifter buddies and the only comics they collected were Hulk and Conan comic books.

Wondering if anyone knows what comics are out there that would have our comic superheroes Weightlifting, dumbell barbell, weights ect. On the cover? Anyone?

Kind of in topic for this thread. Ever know comic book fans who just collected Hulk and Conan The Barbarian comic books?

I knew a few weightlifter buddies and the only comics they collected were Hulk and Conan comic books.

good for finding new poses perhaps?

good for finding new poses perhaps?

I don`t know I should of asked.The thing was both these comic book fans did not know each other,so I found it to be quite a coincidence.

It was during the time period when Lou Ferrigno played the Incredible Hulk and Arnold Schwarzenegger played Conan The Barbarian, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I love the Frank Miller Daredevil run but I feel like he knew nothing about weight lifting. Watching the Kingpin sit up on a flat bench designed for bench press and doing shoulder press with hundreds of pounds on an Olympic bar looked absurd to someone who actually works out with any type of significant weight.