• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And heres a seller that actually TELLS you youre being shilled!

24 posts in this topic

He replied:

New message from: a2dawalls (50Blue Star)

Thank you for the heads up im am new to ebay and not aware of what is acceptable when it comes to auctions. I hope it sells for 1500 and if it does not i shall take it down sell as a buy it now option.

Regardless of how much this sets off my BS detector, giving the guy the benefit of the doubt that his moral compass is that poorly calibrated to think that this MIGHT NOT be definitely frowned upon, I reiterated that if you want a minimum, sell it BIN OBO or put a reserve on the auction. But shilling up the price is unacceptable & if/when he gets caught by eBay, it's lights out.

Reply to him if you are the bidder with 3 feedback that bid it up to 1275 retract the bid immediately and cease and desist such actions in future as it is illegal, and ebay will ban you.

Considering that he's won this auction twice already with his shill account, I'm betting he just cancels the sale once it's done & runs it again. He claims that he didn't know that wasn't cool & now that he does, he'll run it BIN/OBO if it doesn't sell for more than his current bid.

Reply to him if you are the bidder with 3 feedback that bid it up to 1275 retract the bid immediately and cease and desist such actions in future as it is illegal, and ebay will ban you.

Actually, we'll be doing the guy that he shilled up a big favor by him NOT retracting that bid. Cause otherwise, the 2nd highest bidder will be on the hook for the shilled price.

Best case scenario for everyone is that his shill account wins the auction a 3rd time, he cancels the sale once the auction is done, and he actually puts it up as a BIN/OBO listing.

He replied:

New message from: a2dawalls (50Blue Star)

Thank you for the heads up im am new to ebay and not aware of what is acceptable when it comes to auctions. I hope it sells for 1500 and if it does not i shall take it down sell as a buy it now option.

I just think that this line is genius:

"Item Projected To Sell For At Least 1500 So Be Careful Bidding Conservative Or Risk Missing On Deal."

Pure genius

The 2nd highest bid wasnt shilled. all bids before that look legitimate.

Maybe I'm lacking coffee & my brain ain't working, but if the 2nd highest bid wasn't shilled, then why are the 2nd, 3rd and 4th bidders all the same? 99% sure if th shill bid gets retracted, it goes back to the 1250 and not the 1100 that the current 2nd highest bidder was at before the shill auto-bid it to 1275, right?