• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on CGC'd book values???

49 posts in this topic

The only method to find the truest worth of a comic book at any given time is to view the results of no reserve auctions such as ebay, comiclink etc. Be wary that these results can be skewed by shill bidders. In my experience many dealers tend to inflate their asking price in anticipation of the invariable haggler. Collector/Ebay dealers should expect lower sale prices than established dealers.

-------------

BINs, if there are enough of them, add valid data points. Looking at past auctions can be pretty random and, actually, tell you little about how things will go for a book in the future if those two motivated bidders do not show up or, when your item is up, two more motivated bidders show up.

I think this thread has pretty much provided all the potential resources available. Use as many of them as you can within your own time constraints and preferences, pair them with your own knowledge of the market or the specific comic, experience, and financial situation and do your best. There's no perfect formula, and its going to be subjective to varying degrees for both buyer and seller. Good luck.

I do appreciate all the feedback I've gotten on this! I do have 1 last question for anyone that has that GPA subscription tho. What's the GPA on this book CGC 8.5? Since that's what the consensus says is the going "worth" of this book. Thanks! =)

Thanks! Now for a non Star Trek related question....

Last question on cgc stuff for awhile i promise! lol

Star Wars #1 .30 cover in a 9.6 what's that GPAing at? I see 9.2 in overstreet is $200

I thought you stated in an earlier post you are a paid member of GPA, if so just log in and hit analyze prices on the top right. From there just put the title in the search box star wars, and look for the dates next to the title 1977-1986, choose number 1 and scan for the grade. As others I'm sure have stated you can also search ebays completed/sold listings for free to obtain some information.

Thanks! Now for a non Star Trek related question....

Last question on cgc stuff for awhile i promise! lol

Star Wars #1 .30 cover in a 9.6 what's that GPAing at? I see 9.2 in overstreet is $200

I thought you stated in an earlier post you are a paid member of GPA, if so just log in and hit analyze prices on the top right. From there just put the title in the search box star wars, and look for the dates next to the title 1977-1986, choose number 1 and scan for the grade. As others I'm sure have stated you can also search ebays completed/sold listings for free to obtain some information.

No I had said I upgraded to a paid membership on here. I thought the GPA was part of this site somewheres but another member informed me it's totally different. I'm. I'm not on the GPA site. Sorry for the confusion