• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPAnalysis help.

61 posts in this topic

Can somebody do me a favor and let me know the GPAnalysis for the following X-Men -

X-Men #2 CGC NM 9.4

X-Men #13 CGC NM 9.4

X-Men #16 CGC NM+ 9.6

X-Men #22 CGC NM+ 9.6

X-Men #23 CGC NM+ 9.6

X-Men #43 CGC NM+ 9.6

X-Men #50 CGC NM+ 9.6

X-Men #60 CGC NM+ 9.6

X-Men #63 CGC NM/MT 9.8

Amazing Adventures #11 CGC NM 9.4

If there is no analysis for the specified grade, the next closest grade would be sufficient.

Anybody's help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Old values are tossed out window now.

David is hopping to get over $300 for a 9.0 when no GP 9.2 sold for that much yet (I think).

Old values are tossed out window now.

David is hopping to get over $300 for a 9.0 when no GP 9.2 sold for that much yet (I think).

He sold the CGC 9.0 for $250. Another CGC 9.0 sold last summer for $300.

Top price paid for a CGC 9.2 (last summer) is $565.55 -- more than twice what was paid for David's CGC 9.0.

$161.50 - Sep 2004

- $164.05 - Oct 2004

(2) $168.69 171/165 Nov 2004

(2) $134.41 160/108

The six in between the $300 one and David's $250 one.

I was looking at the averages:

9.2: $246.91

But I see one 9.2 got $565... foreheadslap.gif

While I'm there:

9.4s:

(12) Avg: 611.75

12 months:(5) 707.10 - 650.00

High850/386Low

$161.50 - Sep 2004

- $164.05 - Oct 2004

(2) $134.41 160/108

While I'm there:

9.4s:

High850/386Low

Thank you aces, I appreciate it. That is one of books I am seriously considering. The other three are the X-Men 2, 13, and 22 - any takers on the prices on those?

X-Men 2:

(4)7,911.39

12 months: (2) 7,487.50

90 days: (1) 7,475.00

High10,570/6,100Low

That's all unless you Paypal me my monthly fee. 27_laughing.gif

poke2.gif

Why should I waste their time and my time to do that? They have a trial period that only goes back to 2002 and I am only going to need this one time. I am asking for a favor here and was not asking for you to tell me to sign up for the site. I guess that is the difference between me and you - I would have been happy to help a forum member out ( which I have) and you just post some flippant comment.

X-men 13:

(2)1,423.95

12 month (1) 1,503.89

High1,503/1,344Low

X-men 22:

Only one 9.4:

Boston Pedigree 455.00

Why should I waste their time and my time to do that? They have a trial period that only goes back to 2002 and I am only going to need this one time. I am asking for a favor here and was not asking for you to tell me to sign up for the site. I guess that is the difference between me and you - I would have been happy to help a forum member out ( which I have) and you just post some flippant comment.

I would totally sign up for this service if I bought more comics than I do. It just seems a bit pricey if you only buy say one book every three months. I think it would be cool if they did something where you could pay per books you look up. That way if someone like Tomega only needed to look up three books he wouldn't need to sign up and waste money and he wouldn't be stealing the information this way. Just a thought. sign-rantpost.gif

$161.50 - Sep 2004

- $164.05 - Oct 2004

(2) $134.41 160/108

While I'm there:

9.4s:

High850/386Low

Keep in mind that the $650 sale of the CGC 9.4 was an ebay auction with a Buy It Now for $650. I hit that Buy It Now as soon as I saw the auction and I own that book now. The $650 was not the result of an actual auction and there's no way in hell I'd sell the book for anywhere near that low an amount. It is one of the very few AA #11s that doesn't have the big printing roller rub near the top staple. Even the 9.8 copy in the census has the roller rub. The book would have sold for substantially more than $650 if the seller hadn't sold it with a BIN. I certainly would have paid more than that for it.

That is part of the problem with using GPAnalysis results as a high water mark for what you're willing to pay. You don't know whether the price report is actually a fair market value for the book, or simply the result of someone (like me) getting lucky on an ebay BIN.

There was nothing flippant about my comment. You want the benefit of their service without having to pay for it. Why should you get it for free when others have to pay for it?

GPAnalysis has bills to pay and there was a huge amount of startup capital needed to put the service in place for others to use it. There are huge ongoing costs associated with maintaining the integrity of the data and the website and improving the service for everyone who does pay the subscription fee (which is as low as $7 per month -- pretty reasonable for what you get). They pay those costs with revenue received from subscribers and if their subscribers give away the service for free to those unwilling to pay for it, then everyone suffers.

If you can afford to buy those books you're asking about, you can afford the modest subscription fee.

You don't know whether the price report is actually a fair market value for the book, or simply the result of someone (like me) getting lucky on an ebay BIN.

There are huge ongoing costs associated with maintaining the integrity of the data

Kinda contrary, no?

You don't know whether the price report is actually a fair market value for the book, or simply the result of someone (like me) getting lucky on an ebay BIN.

There are huge ongoing costs associated with maintaining the integrity of the data

Kinda contrary, no?

How? I don't see any inconsistency there. The BIN was a sale realized in an arm's length transaction. And besides, that wasn't what I was talking about when I said "integrity of the data."

Thanks Aces, that helps. I expected the X-Men 2 to sell for more then that. It still looks like I will have to start putting some big bucks aside for the next Heritage auction.

Kinda contrary, no?

How? I don't see any inconsistency there. The BIN was a sale realized in an arm's length transaction. And besides, that wasn't what I was talking about when I said "integrity of the data."

Yes, the BIN was a realized sale but does it depict the FMV of the book? No, you stated so yourself. Thus there is a inconsistency between the "actual" FMV and the GPA data used by many as FMV. Agreed there is "intregrety" in the actual sale of a book for a price being reported which I believe your and pov's point to be.

But not in the actual "FMV" of a book.

There was nothing flippant about my comment. You want the benefit of their service without having to pay for it. Why should you get it for free when others have to pay for it?

GPAnalysis has bills to pay and there was a huge amount of startup capital needed to put the service in place for others to use it. There are huge ongoing costs associated with maintaining the integrity of the data and the website and improving the service for everyone who does pay the subscription fee (which is as low as $7 per month -- pretty reasonable for what you get). They pay those costs with revenue received from subscribers and if their subscribers give away the service for free to those unwilling to pay for it, then everyone suffers.

If you can afford to buy those books you're asking about, you can afford the modest subscription fee.

Give me a break, it must be hard to type all the way up there on that high horse. I suppose, with you being a lawyer and we all know how they are all the pinnacles of integrity, have never , ever used a service or item that someone else paid for - not one computer program, municipal service,lunch etc.. I bet your taxes are always 100% true to the letter as well, all at the tax payers expense. Sure. Right. You better admonish Aces for the few cents of information he provided to me. Like I said, give me a break.

Give me a break, it must be hard to type all the way up there on that high horse. I suppose, with you being a lawyer and we all know how they are all the pinnacles of integrity, have never , ever used a service or item that someone else paid for - not one computer program, municipal service,lunch etc.. I bet your taxes are always 100% true to the letter as well, all at the tax payers expense. Sure. Right. You better admonish Aces for the few cents of information he provided to me. Like I said, give me a break.

popcorn.gif