• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Graphic Novels - Glue from spine coming loose

4 posts in this topic

Bought the Daredevil Graphic Novel "Daredevil: Love and War" by Miller and Sienkiewicz from 1986.

I opened it and the cover immediately starting separating from the spine and main body of book and I was wondering if this was a common problem and the books and larger, heavy and square bound.

Thanks in advance for answers.

I haven't seen this with MGNs, but I have seen it with some of the squarebound treasury editions from the 1970s. I've always wondered what to do about it, as I assume that "re-gluing" would count as restoration.

I bought it from a reputable dealer at an 8.5. Opened it and the glue began coming unglued. Not bad, not great. I just wanna read it in the story's original format. Not gonna resell it. Price was 45$. It doesn't look like someone was pulling a fast one and put some glue on there. But I'm no expert at restoration.

Like I said, It's a reader. No biggie. Just wondering.