• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geeks Talkin' Cars

64 posts in this topic

Ok I am found now...it looks like you did a lot of aesthetic stuff and some performance stuff..any work on the engine? Btw, I've never understood shaving the door handles..how the hell do you get into the car?

Brian

MUAHAHAHA. I have already bought a gen-3 engine from Japan, but is just sitting at XS Engineering until I can save some more cash up to beef it up to 400+ horses w/o NOS. I am currently paying for custome fender flares which is costing me $3000-$4000 because of my new racing suspension mad.gif

About shaving, usually you can have door poppers (messes up your paint after a while), have custom poppers that actually pull the door handles from the inside for you, or in my case (since the cables are too old) have the windows roll down so I just have to open from the inside frown.gif

Have you basically gotten rid of all the parts from the original car? I wouldn't think any of it's factory stuff would be able to handle that much of an improvement in engine..btw...it must look pretty weird when you have to have the windows roll down so you can open the door. :p

Brian

Yeah, to build an engine with that power w/ 4 -cylinders, you pretty much have to ditch out everything in the bottom end & replace with some aftermarket toys tongue.gif

HEHE, it beats having to just jump in through the sunroof like batman tongue.gif

Yeah I considered the 911...then I stopped considering it upon realizing the payment would be very...very...did I mention very? high..There's nothing chick about the AMG version..it has ground effects and is much more throaty then the regular one...despite being the size of a miada frown.gif

Brian

Yeah, I'm just F'in with ya... grin.gif

Those AMG's are fast... I need to finish my mortgage, then I'll probably take a peek at the CLK 32 AMG, the M3, or the new Audi S4.

Actually the payment isn't as high as you'd think on the SLK. The payment on a 911 is ridiculous..when you compare it with cars of the same price..Porsche thinks REALLY highly of their cars..as does Jaguar.. I just got a Mavica digital camera so I'll post a pic of it once I get a chance smile.gif

Brian

The payment on a 911 is ridiculous..when you compare it with cars of the same price..Porsche thinks REALLY highly of their cars..as does Jaguar..

Strangely, policy is that cars often cost what the market will bear.

I have a colleague who used to practice in Austria. He drove a 3-series BMW because it was economical. grin.gif Over there, it was a common, practical car.

With the exchange rate at 55%, cars in Canada are about 10-20% at sticker price than in the US.

Yeh it's very interesting to see different markets.. if you go to Germany you can buy used Mercedes for dirt cheap...so cheap that it's worthwhile to go there..buy a bunch..ship them to the U.S..pay the 5,000 dollars to have it converted to U.S. standards and still make a couple thousand..

Brian