• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my X-men #97

25 posts in this topic

I just got this book for a great price. The price of a low grade copy, and it is certainly not low grade. I have it at a NM- (9.2), but I wanted to see what the forum thought. Oh, and the specks above "Marvel Comics Group" are indeed specks and not tears.

What do you think of it?

X-men97.jpg

Argh! So demanding guys. 893blahblah.gif I don't feel like taking it out of the valut. The only error on the back cover is a tear that is less than 1/8"...if that helps. But at least I got the general idea that everyone seems to think of it in the 9.0-9.2 range.

You get the general idea that it is a 9.0-9.2? Not any longer. Now that I know there is a tear on the back cover I'm not grading this any higher than a 7.5. "So demanding"? You wanted our advice. If you want an honest opinion then post the front & back. Take it out of the valet parking and scan it in for a look see.

You get the general idea that it is a 9.0-9.2? Not any longer. Now that I know there is a tear on the back cover I'm not grading this any higher than a 7.5. "So demanding"? You wanted our advice. If you want an honest opinion then post the front & back. Take it out of the valet parking and scan it in for a look see.

What he said sumo.gif

thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif, 7.5. A tear does not bring a book down to a VF-. It would not take it out of 9.0-9.2 range.

Oh, and by the way that X-men #100 I got from you was pretty nice. Though the foxing was not visible from your scan, I really liked the full colors. thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif, 7.5. A tear does not bring a book down to a VF-. It would not take it out of 9.0-9.2 range.

Oh, and by the way that X-men #100 I got from you was pretty nice. Though the foxing was not visible from your scan, I really liked the full colors. thumbsup2.gif

A tear of that size can bring it down, up to a full grade. From the scan, there appears to be something up around with the top staple - perhaps minor tearing. I would have to go with 9.0 perhaps a 8.5 depening on the back cover.

I'm not saying a tear can bring it down to a 7.5. I'm saying that 7.5 would have to be my grade based upon the fact that I can't see the back cover. Who knows what evil lurks behind that cover? Bottom line is if you would like an honest opinion show the whole product. And I'm happy that you're pleased with the X-Men #100. Thank you.

A tear of that size can bring it down, up to a full grade. From the scan, there appears to be something up around with the top staple - perhaps minor tearing. I would have to go with 9.0 perhaps a 8.5 depening on the back cover.

Of course it can bring it down a full grade...if the book was going to otherwise be a 10.0. Having seen the book and knowing that it is in the high 8's or low 9's range, it would not bring it down a full grade. It is perfectly acceptable in higher grade books when it is this small.

I'll post a scan of the back tomorrow guys. juggle.gif

I have submitted books that looked to be in the 9X range, but I missed a couple of tiny tears in the back cover. When I got them back, they all graded at 8.5. So, in my opinion a small tear on a book will most likely keep it out of the 9.X range.

Of course it can bring it down a full grade...if the book was going to otherwise be a 10.0. Having seen the book and knowing that it is in the high 8's or low 9's range, it would not bring it down a full grade. It is perfectly acceptable in higher grade books when it is this small.

I'll post a scan of the back tomorrow guys. juggle.gif

I did not say it would bring it down a full grade, I said "up to" a full grade. Comic is an 8.5.