• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally got my first ever submission graded!

41 posts in this topic

Sorry i just got my first ever submission grades off of Eric on the phone laugh.gif I had to post!

Darkchyle Sketchbook Dynamic Forces Edition 9.4

Transformers/G. I. Joe 1 9.4

Green Arrow LongBow Hunters 1 6.5 foreheadslap.gif

(That's my girlfriends fault)

All in all a pretty good submission! (Especially for the first one) How was everyone elses first submissions? Disaster or sucess?

Why didn't you consult with your "best friend"? confused-smiley-013.gif

My first sub came back a Tales of Suspense #23 8.0 (fine with me though I thought it would be higher), Avengers #15 8.5 (disappointed) and an ASM #62 9.0 PLOD (suprised). Thus did my education begin.

You mean you didn't teach your GF how to grade, or she spilled something on that 6.5?

Comics sent btw. They should reach you tomorrow!!!

Cheers Goldy. Can't wait to see them laugh.gif

She forced me to send that one! I was sayign to her "It will get a [#@$%!!!] grade, look at it" But it was either i send that copy or i sleep on the couch (she likes green arrow) and we had just got a new bed at the time confused-smiley-013.gif. Never again though i tell you! ^-^ Ach im pleased though, i wasnt expecting my Tranfsormers/G. I Joe to be a 9.4. Thought it would be lower.

Why didn't you consult with your "best friend"? confused-smiley-013.gif

My first submission was a bit of an impulse decision really. Took me betwen an hour to decide i was sending a batch off to actually dropping the box off at the post office. smile.gif

I got a little better with my second submission....twelve books....and started to be able to predict more accurately with my third submission.

It took most people a while to adjust to their standards - it still isn't an exact science, even after 5 years.....

My first submission were books that I bought off of ebay graded NM

Batman #171 came back an 8.0

Batman #181 cambe back an 8.0

Detective #298 came back a 7.0

JLA #12 came back a 9.0

JLA #14 came back a 9.2

Batman #139 came back PLOD 8.0

among others....

These comics were some of the first in the door when CGC opened up. I think my grading and theirs has changed since 2000 however. I probably wouldn't submit most of those books now and they may have gotten higher grades if I sent them post 2001.

Eric

you, kiltie. I thought there was a 5 book minimum submission for modern? oh well..

BTW DD.....those submissions you get with the coupon ain't express anymore.

Were surprised by any of your grades? My 6.5 didnt shock me but the Transformers 9.4 did 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was suprised by every grade. I wasn't a very good grader at the time and bought them off of ebay as 9.4 NM so to say the least I was a little perturbed.

Eric

Were surprised by any of your grades? My 6.5 didnt shock me but the Transformers 9.4 did 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Don't feel bad! My first submission only got a 4.5 foreheadslap.gif

Then again it was an X-men #1 thumbsup2.gif

My first submission got a 3.5 confused-smiley-013.gif

But, then again, it was MY Avengers #4 that I have owned since Day 1 cloud9.gif

Don't feel bad! My first submission only got a 4.5 foreheadslap.gif

Then again it was an X-men #1 thumbsup2.gif

My first submission got a 3.5 confused-smiley-013.gif

But, then again, it was MY Avengers #4 that I have owned since Day 1 cloud9.gif

Yeah i find the grade loses some significance if there is a heavy sentimental value behind it. cloud9.gif

My first 10 book submission had a X-Men #104 that received a 9.8. I had bought it on Ebay as a VF/NM book for $42.50 (that included shipping.) I subsequently sold the slabbed book on Ebay for $999.99. Needless to say I have been knocked back down to reality with my subsequent submissions. There in the beginning, I was thinking, "Hey this is easy -it's like printing your own money..."