• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richie Rich comic ?

25 posts in this topic

I think it would be great if Disney bought the rights to Richie Rich, but no more of this Poor Little Rich Boy stuff. Let him grow up and have the stories take a darker, more serious turn.

Maybe something bad happens to his parents on the way home from a movie and it inspires him to build a secret hideout beneath Rich Mansion, where he uses his billions to train and fight a one-man war against crime, assisted by his faithful butler and an array of crime-fighting gadgets and vehicles designed by the top scientists at his multinational conglomerate, Rich Enterprises.

I'd like to see DC try and come up with something like that!

That's the same kind of thinking that led to that to the Archie update. Ugh

Sometimes the classics should stay that way

The Harvey File copies also keep these comics lower in price, even in high grade. I have it on good authority that when Geppi bought (and then sold through Heritage) the Harvey's, there were over 500,000 comics. At 250 per long box, that's 2000 longs boxes of Harvey's; probably more since many were giants.

It's hard to get excited about collecting non key Harvey's when you know that's out there.

Ed

Might you elaborate a little on this? Harvey kept 500k file copies of their books? Why?

I think it would be great if Disney bought the rights to Richie Rich, but no more of this Poor Little Rich Boy stuff. Let him grow up and have the stories take a darker, more serious turn.

Maybe something bad happens to his parents on the way home from a movie and it inspires him to build a secret hideout beneath Rich Mansion, where he uses his billions to train and fight a one-man war against crime, assisted by his faithful butler and an array of crime-fighting gadgets and vehicles designed by the top scientists at his multinational conglomerate, Rich Enterprises.

That was supposed to be a joke, as in Richie Rich = Bruce Wayne :gossip:

The Harvey File copies also keep these comics lower in price, even in high grade. I have it on good authority that when Geppi bought (and then sold through Heritage) the Harvey's, there were over 500,000 comics. At 250 per long box, that's 2000 longs boxes of Harvey's; probably more since many were giants.

It's hard to get excited about collecting non key Harvey's when you know that's out there.

Ed

I'll take any of the multipacks I don't have, especially the ones with records:

RichieRich_bagged_zps4fuj8rcm.jpg

Casper_record_zps635dozyu.jpg

Casper_record_back_zpssfpjk3uh.jpg

Spooky_zpskgjanopq.jpg

Oh, come on, there is no way you actually missed that joke!