• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Punisher 1

4 posts in this topic

So I've been hunting for a high grade raw copy of this book purely for of sentimental reasons really. Curious if these tears in the top corner are bindery tears, or some other damage. Assuming they are bindery, what are your thoughts on the overall grade? With a press would it clear a 9.2. I am doubting it based on the tears. Thanks

Imgur

Assuming bindery as you said, and also assuming it's a common defect in this particular issue #, easily could get 9.2.

In fact, I'd hazard to say if they *all* have this defect (of torn corner/tiny chips at top open corners) it could be a 9.4. But probably they don't all have that defect.

If it's wear or less common or non-bindery defect, probably maxes the book out at a VF/NM comic at best. Fourth picture down (and second) show defect best.

Bottom open corner seems to have it (chips/tears) too. And slight stress at bottom edge, probably mean it's a 8.5,