• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BA Batman!

496 posts in this topic

And while were on the subject of Bats #227 I thought I'd post my recently signed copy on this thread too. I bought this from Redbeard at Wondercon for a measly $4.75. Just a 3.0 but I mean heck, Neal Adams was fifty feet away and I went right over and had him sign the thing. Can't beat that.

800703-227.jpg

800703-227.jpg.27bb474360949c5ccaa06dac83b4e113.jpg

blush.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif I would have snapped that one up in less than two seconds!!! Seller had no idea what he was messin' with. crazy.gif

Bull...the seller knows the comics market very well. I've been buying the seller's lots for the last couple of months and he has a pretty good idea of market value. He prices his comics to move which is reflected in this BIN price. Regardless, the only place I've seen #227 hyped is on this Forum and Greggy's GPA article. The seller got what he's wanted; a quick sell.

By the way...his comics are gorgeous...

Jim

blush.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif I would have snapped that one up in less than two seconds!!! Seller had no idea what he was messin' with. crazy.gif

Bull...the seller knows the comics market very well. I've been buying the seller's lots for the last couple of months and he has a pretty good idea of market value. He prices his comics to move which is reflected in this BIN price. Regardless, the only place I've seen #227 hyped is on this Forum and Greggy's GPA article. The seller got what he's wanted; a quick sell.

By the way...his comics are gorgeous...

Jim

You are right that we have really hyped up #227 on this Forum, but I bought a similar but larger lot from another Ebayer several months ago, also including a VF+ #227. I received it right before a local Seattle comic con and within the first ten minutes of the show a buyer swooped up that #227 for $75 as well as a couple of the others. I would have bought this lot in question for $120 and assuming he graded accurately I would have felt very good about the deal. And THAT is with future flipping in mind.

assuming he graded accurately I would have felt very good about the deal.

I'm sure the winner will be quite happy with the comics. The seller's grades are mostly spot-on...

Jim

How would you know?

How would you know?

Well...I've bought multiple lots from him since December...

Unless you're implying I can't grade?

Jim

You talking about Hinds? Guess you haven't bought many NM books from him. I'll reserve judgement about your grading until I get your package!

You talking about Hinds? Guess you haven't bought many NM books from him.

I don't think I've ever bought any comics from Hinds...I'm talking about Jerrystheman. Who isn't even named Jerry I might add...

I'll reserve judgement about your grading until I get your package!

You'll be happy...they all are in the end...

Jim

You talking about Hinds? Guess you haven't bought many NM books from him.

I don't think I've ever bought any comics from Hinds...I'm talking about Jerrystheman. Who isn't even named Jerry I might add...

I'll reserve judgement about your grading until I get your package!

You'll be happy...they all are in the end...

Jim

Too bad jerrystheman's large scans sucks. However, I may take a chance now!

Yeah...his scans aren't the best...

But great! Another competitor! I should have just sat down and shut up...

Jim

Yeah...his scans aren't the best...

But great! Another competitor! I should have just sat down and shut up...

Jim

You're luck that he's an US only shipper. My "agent" may not be able to bid on time!

Regardless, the only place I've seen #227 hyped is on this Forum and Greggy's GPA article.

Batman 222 and 227 are hyped on more than just these boards. Both of those books bring huge premiums when compared to the surrounding issues. Copies in 8.0 or above routinely bring 200% or more of guide.

BTW: Do you have a link to Greggy's GPA article? I would like to read it.

Regardless, the only place I've seen #227 hyped is on this Forum and Greggy's GPA article.

Batman 222 and 227 are hyped on more than just these boards. Both of those books bring huge premiums when compared to the surrounding issues. Copies in 8.0 or above routinely bring 200% or more of guide.

Yep, I sold my slabbed 9.4 for around $350 over 3 years ago... thumbsup2.gif

Why won't you answer my EMAIL with my order?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Cause I have dibs, jerky.