• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speed Grading?

6 posts in this topic

Is that a thing or just a thing I made up? I often can't tell the difference anymore.

I grade a book (front cover and back cover only) as fast as I can.

Often times it ends up being more accurate then if I spend time grading.

I figure this skill I'm attempting to develop will come in handy at conventions.

I missed a slight tear on a Daredevil 181 (newstand) at the comic shop the other day, tho.

keep speed grading and your going to burn yourself.

first thing I do is count the pages on both sides of the staple. check the centerfold how its attached, and make sure no coupons or cutouts on the inside.

then I hit the covers, inside and out. check for trimming, and color touch on the spine for any interior bleed through. just me though.

keep speed grading and your going to burn yourself.

first thing I do is count the pages on both sides of the staple. check the centerfold how its attached, and make sure no coupons or cutouts on the inside.

then I hit the covers, inside and out. check for trimming, and color touch on the spine for any interior bleed through. just me though.

+1. A book can only be lower grade than you hoped if you speed grade. Sadly, I do it all the time too. I figure I'll make up for the loss with volume.

I can grade very quickly but to be 100% nuts on ya gotta take your time

And even then it's nuts on for you and not others

I love grading like this

Is it a good. Yep

VG? Easy

Fine. Yep

VF. Nope

F/VF. Nada

Fine +. Bingo