• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WILL ALLENTOWN DETECTIVE #38 MEET RESERVE?

112 posts in this topic

The term "Jumping the shark" derives from the episode of Happy Days where Fonzie jumps the shark tank with his motorcycle.

That's not what happened...Fonz "jumped the shark" on water skis, not on a motorcycle, and the shark wasn't in a tank, it was within a caged area in open water. foreheadslap.gif

They would've been safe if he was on his motorcycle, but NOOOO...they had to take him out of his element, which is what put this one over the top.

He did jump a line of motorcycles (or cars or something) with his motorcycle and slammed into Arnold's chicken stand. He still broke his leg as I recall.

foreheadslap.gif I think that's the one I was thinking of. It's been so long since I've seen the actual episode that I've forgotten what happened, but Dr. B. is right about the water skis. I remember thinking it was funny that Fonzie was still wearing his leather jacket while on water skis IIRC.

The term "Jumping the shark" derives from the episode of Happy Days where Fonzie jumps the shark tank with his motorcycle.

That's not what happened...Fonz "jumped the shark" on water skis, not on a motorcycle, and the shark wasn't in a tank, it was within a caged area in open water. foreheadslap.gif

They would've been safe if he was on his motorcycle, but NOOOO...they had to take him out of his element, which is what put this one over the top.

He did jump a line of motorcycles (or cars or something) with his motorcycle and slammed into Arnold's chicken stand. He still broke his leg as I recall.

foreheadslap.gif I think that's the one I was thinking of. It's been so long since I've seen the actual episode that I've forgotten what happened, but Dr. B. is right about the water skis. I remember thinking it was funny that Fonzie was still wearing his leather jacket while on water skis IIRC.

I just happened to see the shark episode on TV recently, and as I knew

the phrase "jumping the shark" came from it I had to watch (I believe he had his leather's on, but with a life preserver??). Richie was driving the boat...and was already losing his hair!! 27_laughing.gif

I just happened to see the shark episode on TV recently, and as I knew

the phrase "jumping the shark" came from it I had to watch (I believe he had his leather's on, but with a life preserver??). Richie was driving the boat...and was already losing his hair!! 27_laughing.gif

Was this show before or after the Fonz fell in love with the blonde and her daughter? For me, that's when the show really started going down hill.

Bill Hughes does NOT work for Heritage. (Never has).

Bill Hughes does NOT work for Jay Parrino anymore.

Bill Hughes did not buy the Marvel #1 page. I don't know why anyone here thinks he did. I was sitting right next to him in the auction, and he got outbid.

Thanks for the clarification Lon. Always good to hear from someone with personal knowledge rather than all the many comic conspiracists! hi.gif

Now please go address my complaints about Heritage's shipping charges in the General section. Geez, how much money do I need to give you guys before you stop nickle and diming me! poke2.gif

Bill Hughes did not buy the Marvel #1 page. I don't know why anyone here thinks he did. I was sitting right next to him in the auction, and he got outbid.

Thanks for the clarification, Lon. I had thought the first 2 points were the case, which is why I was really surprised by some of the statements made on this thread.

Thanks for the clarification Lon. Always good to hear from someone with personal knowledge rather than all the many comic conspiracists! hi.gif

Now please go address my complaints about Heritage's shipping charges in the General section. Geez, how much money do I need to give you guys before you stop nickle and diming me! poke2.gif

Mark now is a great time to annouce free shipping for purchases on your site. tongue.gifpoke2.gif Just stooges.gifthumbsup2.gif

Mark now is a great time to annouce free shipping for purchases on your site. tongue.gifpoke2.gif Just stooges.gifthumbsup2.gif

Actually, I offer both free shipping AND insurance for purchases over a mere $1,000!! This was part of why I was so annoyed with Heritage for the nickel and dime shipping charges they assessed even on large sum purchases. 893naughty-thumb.gif I ain't no hypocrite! makepoint.gif So there! poke2.gif

BTW, I should note today that Heritage told me they waived the $36.25 they recently assessed me for additional shipping. Good business move on their part. Of course, it cost me probably $150 of my time to deal with the issue! 893whatthe.gif

Before I started working here (3 years ago), both Bill Hughes and Rob Hughes helped on the first 2 auctions (801 & 802) writing catalog descriptions. Many, many people have helped us writing catalog descriptions, including me. I came in to work for two weeks helping to catalog 803 and never left!