• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Parting out low grade key book. How do you feel about it?

24 posts in this topic

I don't mind a person parting out a book, essentially destroying something, which in actuality may be rare, but is one of many, meaning not one of a kind and not blasphemy.

However, I'm personally not a buyer of a single page of a comic book.

You see comics being destroyed for these "cut panel" cards, even with the Avengers Silver Age release, they cut up Avengers #1 and #4 among other issues to create these trading cards with a "real" piece of comic book in them... whoop-dee-doo! :(

You see this in sports cards where card companies cut up into thousands of pieces, players jereseys, hats, game balls, bats, gloves, etc. and call them "relic", "game used" or "memorabilia" cards

It's more of a poor man's substitute for the real deal in many cases, where a fan feels they have a piece of the action because they can't afford the whole real item.

I don't berate those who buy 'em and enjoy 'em nor those who destroy 'em to sell 'em.

I just know there's a large population of people who aren't interested, so, when someone does destroy something, they do take the risk and therefore deserve the reward if it sells or doesn't sell.