• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Avengers #93 How would you grade this one.

82 posts in this topic

8.0 sumo.gif Nize book! (perhaps an 8.5) thumbsup2.gif

Ouch, a little high. I'd say a 7.0-7.5.

King - What's the point? We don't respect you any more because you intentionally undergrade everything makepoint.gif btw - there's no deduction for the line down the LLFC - that's not a readers' crease, it's associated with the square-bound binding.

Is there any staining to the book? (I was looking to the left of the issue number)

I thought that was just dirt 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nope, no stain there or anywhere, well maybe there's a stain there. 893whatthe.gif

Diva, have you not figured out that if it is his book, we are all low and he can go find a reason why. If its someone else's book, then he hammers it to make it look like he is a tough grader. When it is his book, like his Hulk 181, he argued with many people over on the CPG boards about why it was a much nicer book, even with the massive tears on it. He gets a grade way off in one of Iron Maniacs contests over at STL and blames CGC or CGG.

I guess we just need to ask him what he thinks and go with his grade, cause he has never been wrong, or at least he acts like it.

sign-rantpost.gif

8.0 sumo.gif Nize book! (perhaps an 8.5) thumbsup2.gif

Ouch, a little high. I'd say a 7.0-7.5.

King - What's the point? We don't respect you any more because you intentionally undergrade everything makepoint.gif btw - there's no deduction for the line down the LLFC - that's not a readers' crease, it's associated with the square-bound binding.

That's nice. I am not aiming to get your approval. yeahok.gif

I don't care if the crease is a reader's crease or not; whatever name you give it does not change the fact that it is still there. It still brings down the appearance of a book, and in-turn brings my grade down to a 7.0, or maybe 7.5.

Diva, have you not figured out that if it is his book, we are all low and he can go find a reason why. If its someone else's book, then he hammers it to make it look like he is a tough grader.

Is it still legal to voice my opinion on my book? I can still think you're wrong if I want to.

When it is his book, like his Hulk 181, he argued with many people over on the CPG boards about why it was a much nicer book, even with the massive tears on it. He gets a grade way off in one of Iron Maniacs contests over at STL and blames CGC or CGG.

Of course I blame CGC of PGX; who else is to blame? Their the ones that graded it and given that premise they are the ones to get the blame. wink.gif

I guess we just need to ask him what he thinks and go with his grade, cause he has never been wrong, or at least he acts like it.

sign-rantpost.gif

If you'd like to believe I haven't been wrong...I won't stop you. screwy.gif And if you were to look at some of the grading contests you'd see many times where I've admitted I was just plain off.

pm sent, again. Of course, if you want any further clarification as to my point just check out these two responses from you:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it is his book, like his Hulk 181, he argued with many people over on the CPG boards about why it was a much nicer book, even with the massive tears on it. He gets a grade way off in one of Iron Maniacs contests over at STL and blames CGC or CGG.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course I blame CGC of PGX; who else is to blame? Their the ones that graded it and given that premise they are the ones to get the blame .

Quote:

Translation, its there fault that the book doesnt agree with what I think it is, and since i am correct, they must be wrong.

King - What's the point? We don't respect you any more because you intentionally undergrade everything btw - there's no deduction for the line down the LLFC - that's not a readers' crease, it's associated with the square-bound binding.

That's nice. I am not aiming to get your approval.

I don't care if the crease is a reader's crease or not; whatever name you give it does not change the fact that it is still there. It still brings down the appearance of a book, and in-turn brings my grade down to a 7.0, or maybe 7.5.

You tone of i know it all is nausiating. Have you ever thought that if its not a crease, and it is from the production process, then it doesnt really hurt the grade? Listen to what Diva says and maybe you learn something. I know i have.

King - What's the point? We don't respect you any more because you intentionally undergrade everything btw - there's no deduction for the line down the LLFC - that's not a readers' crease, it's associated with the square-bound binding.

That's nice. I am not aiming to get your approval.

You tone of i know it all is nausiating. Have you ever thought that if its not a crease, and it is from the production process, then it doesnt really hurt the grade? Listen to what Diva says and maybe you learn something. I know i have.

CGC may not care if it is from production, but I do. Whether it is from printing or from actual reader wear the damage is still there. Why should damage be accepted in one instance and not the other. It should not matter when it happened.

pm sent, again. Of course, if you want any further clarification as to my point just check out these two responses from you:

Quote:

Of course I blame CGC of PGX; who else is to blame? Their the ones that graded it and given that premise they are the ones to get the blame .

Quote:

Translation, its there fault that the book doesnt agree with what I think it is, and since i am correct, they must be wrong.

Exactly. That is what grading is all about. What YOU think it is. Of course if I think it is one grade and they think it is another I will think they are wrong; just as they will think I am wrong. By the nature of me having a different grade then they do I will think it is wrong. I mean really...why would I have chosen my grade in the first place if not for the reason of believing it is the right grade. The same goes for them. makepoint.gif

You misunderstand. THere is a diference between a physical grade and an "eye appeal" grade. Ive got an AA 14 that i will post below. It has a line on the spine. Now, does the line detract from the physical grade, No. Would it keep someone from buying it because they dont like it, Yes.

AmazingAdventures14front.jpg

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly. That is what grading is all about. What YOU think it is. Of course if I think it is one grade and they think it is another I will think they are wrong; just as they will think I am wrong. By the nature of me having a different grade then they do I will think it is wrong. I mean really...why would I have chosen my grade in the first place if not for the reason of believing it is the right grade. The same goes for them. makepoint.gif

the above post shows what i thought. The inability to understand subtle differences in wording show through. See, when you get a grade wrong, you blame someone else. When i am off on a grade i think, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif what did i miss. I sont have that uncanny ability to think that I am right 100% of the time. Also the sheer chutpah that you have to think that you grade on the money better than the PROS who have been at it for as long or longer than you have been alive is almost unfathomable. You have held this belief for as long as I have been posting with you. Are you a good grader, yep, i think so. Are you on a par with the CGC or PGX boys, nope. And your right, sorta. Its a DISAGREEMENT on the grade. And to be honest with you, ill take CGC's and PGX's opinion over yours anyday. thumbsup2.gif